Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double-Add One Drill by Justin Dyal (with a Hat Tip to Tom Givens)

Shot this for the first time today, cold, at beginning of pistol work session. G19 build w/ Swampfox Justice I carry daily.

Name:  20230810_155605.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  42.1 KB

I was in WAY too much of a hurry, got in way under all the par times, like .58 on the 2.5 yard string.

This, I believe, is because I'm almost always working out of a hokster, so my mind (I guess) registers the par time as "draw, fire 2 shots", never taking enough of the available time to get better hits.

The shots at 20, for example, are the ones pulled down and left, the 7 & 8, in 2.36. Way too fast!

In the future when shooting this, I need to focus on it being a pure trigger control excercise. Already put it in The Book. I like it. Thanks for posting this one guys.

Shot this for the first time at the Rangemaster Instructor Reunion. 96/100 having never shot it before.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I am addicted to this as an exercise and shoot a box worth at the beginning of my practice sessions. The plan is when I can more often than not get 100's, I will move to doing it from the holster. I actually do it on 3X5's instead of the B8 so it is just pass or fail.
    To me there is so much useful stuff here and applies to both my martial as well as competitive pursuits.

I am addicted to this as an exercise and shoot a box worth at the beginning of my practice sessions. The plan is when I can more often than not get 100's, I will move to doing it from the holster. I actually do it on 3X5's instead of the B8 so it is just pass or fail.
    To me there is so much useful stuff here and applies to both my martial as well as competitive pursuits.

User Tag List