Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve found a quick weekly blast of air from a rocket is all it takes to keep mine cleanish. And yes, my rocket is red…
    Name:  IMG_1154.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  13.3 KB

Sweet Baby Jesus. I don’t want to know where the tip of that thing has been…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My only other pistol optic with circle dot is a SCS-MOS, and I haven’t worked much with it. I do like circle dot in my carbine optics, though.

I’m finding that if I maintain target focus discipline with the RX circle dot I really don’t notice the dot part of the reticle unless I consciously change my focus. It seems to work for me, I’d like to see how I feel about it in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I find the circle dot on most SIG and Holosun pistol optics too busy as well.

Plus it seems to cut battery life in half.

The only circle dot that I’ve liked on a pistol optic is the 2 MOA dot in the 8 MOA circle in the Holosun 507 Comp, and that’s only because with my vision it simply appears to be an eight MOA dot.
    I’ve got the circle dot option on my RomeoX Pro and Romeo2. I’m faster with it when shooting silhouette targets and single plates larger than 10” diameter when under 10 meters. Make me clear a 6” plate rack or any target beyond about 15 yards and I’m a single dot guy all the way. Thus, my Romeo2 on a P226 X-Five Legion for home defense is circle dot. All of my carry guns are just dot.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Name:  IMG_1154.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  13.3 KB

Sweet Baby Jesus. I don’t want to know where the tip of that thing has been…
    Once again, one of my finely crafted pervert traps has found a victim.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’ve got the circle dot option on my RomeoX Pro and Romeo2. I’m faster with it when shooting silhouette targets and single plates larger than 10” diameter when under 10 meters. Make me clear a 6” plate rack or any target beyond about 15 yards and I’m a single dot guy all the way. Thus, my Romeo2 on a P226 X-Five Legion for home defense is circle dot. All of my carry guns are just dot.
    I only have one RDO equipped pistol that is strictly target, a P320 X5 with a R1P - for me that’s an appropriate use for the smallish dot. For defense I like how the RX circle dot blurs into a very usable fat donut, and I suppose if I decide to shoot one of those pistols in a competition I would just flip it over to dot only.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List