Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

I don’t know who that guy is but some of these YouTubers make me shake my head and laugh.

But to get things back on topic, I have to come back around to think that the RMR is a great open emitter carry optic and this new HD version with a top mount battery will be great in that role.

I like Holosun features and personally I like a green dot, but you cannot deny the RMRs robustness and American made quality.

Name:  IMG_2699.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  100.1 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Name:  IMG_2699.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  100.1 KB
    How does it run on a Staccato? Like GJM, I’ve had issues with an SRO overhanging the ejection port causing malfunctions.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    How does it run on a Staccato? Like GJM, I’ve had issues with an SRO overhanging the ejection port causing malfunctions.
    It's a little early to tell, but no issues to report after 1,240 logged rounds.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Trijicon RCR for $645.00

Said to be in stock here.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

RDS Transmission Data

Anyone aware of such published data? Would be useful in coming up with eye wear lenses which minimize further light loss through the optic. I suspect the final surface that "projects" the data will be a broadband partially reflective mirror which isn't the ideal solution. Any lab with a spectral radiometer could make such measurements in 15 minutes.

Aircraft head up displays in the early days used the broadband approach with a significant loss of contrast through the combiner. Later versions took advantage of the narrow emissions of green CRT phosphors and used holographic combiners tuned to the phosphor. Yes, the outside world had a slight red tint, but the overall improvement in transmission was much appreciated by the pilots. Won't exactly be the case with RDS since LED emissions are broader, but I don't see any RDS advertisements touting improvements in this area. (Yes, your non-dominant eye is unobstructed, but for those of use without binocular vision better transmission would be a godsend.)

User Tag List