Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like TK Custom is now in the 856 spring & firing pin market

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Does a bull and red dot make for a Red Bull[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

@jetfire, sounds like we a Max Verstappen collab.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    @JCN & @jetfire are precisely the two mad scientists I hoped to draw in to this experiment.

Thank you both!

Keep us posted gentlemen.
    My kits were delivered yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    My kits were delivered yesterday.
    Following closely. Just installed the Galloway in my new 856 UL. 12 rounds of Winchester, no issues. 4 rounds of gold dot, no issue. Then light strike on gold dot #5. Springs are getting yanked immediately.

Is there any issue running the factory hammer spring, and Galloway trigger spring? The factory trigger pull is heavier than my 12 pound Lyman can read, but with the Galloway trigger spring and factory hammer spring, it dropped closer to 10 pounds, which is better at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Following closely. Just installed the Galloway in my new 856 UL. 12 rounds of Winchester, no issues. 4 rounds of gold dot, no issue. Then light strike on gold dot #5. Springs are getting yanked immediately.

Is there any issue running the factory hammer spring, and Galloway trigger spring? The factory trigger pull is heavier than my 12 pound Lyman can read, but with the Galloway trigger spring and factory hammer spring, it dropped closer to 10 pounds, which is better at least.
    I get the sense that the upgraded firing pin is going to be the key a la Apex J frame kits.

I should be able to throw in some parts tonight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post

a
    I'm running the OEM hammer spring and Galloway trigger spring, a few hundred rd's and a ton of dry fire, the trigger's smooth and a little over 10lb's was 12+ as well.
    I'd think the firing pin would do the trick, look like @JCN will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    a
    I'm running the OEM hammer spring and Galloway trigger spring, a few hundred rd's and a ton of dry fire, the trigger's smooth and a little over 10lb's was 12+ as well.
    I'd think the firing pin would do the trick, look like @JCN will tell!
    Looks like work is light enough I can get out and tinker a little.

My two spring and firing pin kits arrived today. I'll try and get them installed in one of my many 856s first to see how they do.

To the commenter above asking about running the factory mainspring and the galloway TRS, that should be fine. You'll need to watch out for short stroking the reset if you're shooting really fast.

Wolff springs

Name:  IMG_3382.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  83.8 KB

For reference, Galloway springs in an 856UL.
    It’s NOT reliable for harder primers.

10+ pounds but better than the 13-16+ factory stock.

Name:  IMG_3383.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  84.4 KB

Insides should be fairly familiar to most revolver enthusiasts.

Name:  IMG_3384.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  77.9 KB

The kits come with Wolff springs.

The firing pin is what I’m hoping makes the difference.

Name:  IMG_3385.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3387.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  40.8 KB

The pointy part of the pin is about the same length but the head of the new pin is longer.

8 pounds….

Name:  IMG_3389.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  47.4 KB

So I used the lighter trigger return spring BUT….

This is super important and I had forgotten from my previous Galloway installs… you have to TRIM the return spring by 2 coils so it has enough travel to clear, otherwise the trigger won’t complete the stroke.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This is super important and I had forgotten from my previous Galloway installs… you have to TRIM the return spring by 2 coils so it has enough travel to clear, otherwise the trigger won’t complete the stroke.
    Wait....are you talking the 856 with the Galloway spring kit? I don't recall reading that anywhere or seeing it in their install videos, and haven't had that issue with my pair.

What's the details on that qualifier?

User Tag List