Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: awp_101’s Non-Glock “Glock” mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I put a factory G trigger in my full size last night and it “worked” over 40-50 hand cycles using the Remsport slide, with and without the mag. It’s going with me for today’s range trip so we’ll see.
    And it worked for the 40-50 rounds of live fire I shot with it. I like the full size Dagger frame better than the compact so I'll keep it and the Remsport slide assembly to fiddle around with as a kinda-G45. The youngest boy has a compact Dagger he's happy with so I'll probably use the compact frames as trade bait (he and I do a lot of trading back and forth).

Took the CA frame as well. I like it better than either the SCT or the Dagger compact frames but the slide bite is real. I might try looking at ways to graft part of a beavertail backstrap onto the frame and use it as a backup for training classes. If I end up with another G19 it will become the spare of the "pair and a spare".

At this point I'd say they really don't do anything "better" for me than a factory G19. The Combat Armory frame is more comfortable but the inability (so far) to add a beavertail means it's going to stay in the safe while the 19.4 goes to the range.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Mini-update. Tried a factory Dagger slide on the frame that still has the PSA trigger group and it functioned just fine. So there’s some minor tolerance issue between the PSA fcg and the Remsport slide assembly.

In the end it’s a sample of 2 and not that big a deal to me because I prefer the Glock triggers to the hinged triggers.

I’ll leave that one completely stock and figure out what I want to do with it later.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I fell prey to the PSA Labor Day deals and picked up a "complete" iron sight slide (no barrel or RSA). Picked up a barrel from the Classifieds and an RSA from ebay to finish off the not-a-G45-G45. So far it "feels" good but I haven't put any rounds through it yet. At this point I figure I might as well bide my time for the Black Friday sales and put together dedicated top end for the Dagger-C frame I kept. In for a penny, in for a bunch of pennies right?

Although I don't plan to carry any of these, I do plan on taking classes with them so I did some dry fire and very slow OWB holster work over the weekend with a Mantis-X. A couple of range trips ago I tried cutting down a blister pad similar to THIS and found it greatly reduced the amount of slide bite I get. It may not last a full class but 1 piece will get me ~3 pieces big enough to work and it's cheap enough to throw a box into the range bag so it's always on hand.

In the spirit of @Lon's Welfare Open pistol, is there an inexpensive screw on comp that actually works with standard pressure 115-124gr ammo? What about the Strike Industries Mass Driver? Does it actually work or is it mostly gimmick?

I fell prey to the PSA Labor Day deals and picked up a "complete" iron sight slide (no barrel or RSA). Picked up a barrel from the Classifieds and an RSA from ebay to finish off the not-a-G45-G45. So far it "feels" good but I haven't put any rounds through it yet. At this point I figure I might as well bide my time for the Black Friday sales and put together dedicated top end for the Dagger-C frame I kept. In for a penny, in for a bunch of pennies right?

Although I don't plan to carry any of these, I do plan on taking classes with them so I did some dry fire and very slow OWB holster work over the weekend with a Mantis-X. A couple of range trips ago I tried cutting down a blister pad similar to THIS and found it greatly reduced the amount of slide bite I get. It may not last a full class but 1 piece will get me ~3 pieces big enough to work and it's cheap enough to throw a box into the range bag so it's always on hand.

In the spirit of @Lon's Welfare Open pistol, is there an inexpensive screw on comp that actually works with standard pressure 115-124gr ammo? What about the Strike Industries Mass Driver? Does it actually work or is it mostly gimmick?
    I’ve got a Southwest Precision comp that works with standard loads you can have if you want. PM me if you’re interested.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’ve got a Southwest Precision comp that works with standard loads you can have if you want. PM me if you’re interested.
    Well shoot, I can’t pass up an offer like that! PM inbound

Riddle me this Batman…

Will an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for a 19.3 work on these full size “gen 3 clone” frames? My gut says yes for the same reason the centerfire top ends work but I don’t know for sure.

Riddle me this Batman…

Will an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for a 19.3 work on these full size “gen 3 clone” frames? My gut says yes for the same reason the centerfire top ends work but I don’t know for sure.
    Yes.

Name:  IMG_2527.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  58.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Name:  28267088310_09da419b72_o.gif
Views: 181
Size:  7.5 KB

So thinking and ruminating some more about these builds, I “made” a not-G45 with the Dagger-C slide and F frame. Is there an option to build a not-G47 using an aftermarket 17 slide? Or am I limited to something like the Brownells G19LS slide and barrel?

I don’t know what physical changes Glock made for the 47 to use the 19 RSA.

Site Supporter
    So thinking and ruminating some more about these builds, I “made” a not-G45 with the Dagger-C slide and F frame. Is there an option to build a not-G47 using an aftermarket 17 slide? Or am I limited to something like the Brownells G19LS slide and barrel?

I don’t know what physical changes Glock made for the 47 to use the 19 RSA.
    Does a Brownells 19LS slide use a 19 or 17 spring? If 19, that's the same as a 47.

PSA also actually has a 47 style slide I believe.

User Tag List