Thread: Veterians -- Study Linking exposure to Dry Cleaning Solvent to Parkinsons

Veterians -- Study Linking exposure to Dry Cleaning Solvent to Parkinsons

Hi,

In May2023 there was a important study released that linked exposure to Dry Cleaning solvents to the development of Parkinson's Disease years or even decade's later.

[URL="https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2023/05/425366/chemical-exposure-may-raise-your-risk-parkinsons"/URL]

What I understand is that this linkage of exposure to TCE causing Parkinson's is not yet on the list of Presumptive Conditions under the PACT Act, exceipt for the Camp Lejune settlement. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2014 and I filed a claim in the same year, saying that my PD was caused by a TBD that I had after a Parachute Jump in 1985, that was rejected because that so much time had expired between the TBI and the PD diagnosis. So what can I do if you are like me, who was exposed to TCE in Dry Cleaning Solvent when I was a tanker in West Germany?

1. Let the VA know that you have Parkinson's that you believe that was caused by your service
    2. Register on the burn pit registry.
    3. File a claim with the VA saying that your PD was cased by a toxic exposure
    4. call or write the VA asking when exposer to TCE will be added to the list of presumptive condition's.

Jack. This is my excuse for sucking so bad with the trigger pull on that HK P30 LEM that you and your friend. worked with me on back in 2012
    Last edited by cutter; 07-03-2023 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Adde note to Jack @ fst

User Tag List