Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General website feedback

General website feedback

The Negative Taping video is a classic.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

This is great!

One note, it says Pats dates of NYPD service were early 70s to 1995. I am 99.9 pct positive his NYPD service was 1973 to 1993. He used his time in corrections to make up for the time he was temporarily layed off in 1977 for his pension.

General website feedback

For general feedback about the Pat Rogers memorial website, post in this thread.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    One note, it says Pats dates of NYPD service were early 70s to 1995. I am 99.9 pct positive his NYPD service was 1973 to 1993. He used his time in corrections to make up for the time he was temporarily layed off in 1977 for his pension.
    Thanks for the head's up! Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Thanks for the head's up! Can anyone else confirm this?
    Just sent you corroborating posts from LF in PM

Just sent you corroborating posts from LF in PM
    Thanks! This one seems pretty clear cut, as he explicitly states he retired in 1993.

This one seems a little less clear. He states:

Irv- you might find this amusing, but....

When i went on The Job you had to buy a pair of "safety goggles", cost of $1.00 at the Equipment Section.
    You brought these to the Outdoor Range for your Summer Cycle qual.
    You were issued earpro (big time suck) and 118 rds of 158 gr SWCL .38 Special.
    50 was for the servce revolver, 50 for the off duty revolver and 18 to shoot up your 18 rds of on duty ammo (6 in the gun and 12 in dump pouches).
    To carry all of this- nail aprons.
    Yup, they had been doing it since at least 1973.

Of course we didn't carry the nail aproms on duty. But then again, we never ever drew our revolvers from our holster out there either.

Just sayin'......
    I think that could be taken several different ways. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Here is another when he talks about buying uniforms in the academy in 1973 https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/m...6128228074018a

Here is another when he talks about buying uniforms in the academy in 1973 https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/m...6128228074018a
    Awesome. Just updated the site to reflect this. Thanks very much for your help with that! I'll probably start adding citations and links to sources for things like this soon. I have some other tech things I might need to deal with in the background first, though.

Here you go M4 Carbine he says his dates of NYPD service 1973 to 1993 https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/in...p/t-24716.html

User Tag List