Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GLock Gen 4 in .40

Thanks for the feedback; I do not mean to cause you any frustration with the admittedly anecdotal experience that I related. I am truly interested in the problems that have occurred with others with their gen 4 40`s and value input from others that have see a lot more of them than I do. Information about the specific problems that others have seen would be helpful. I have had problems with the gen 4 19 that I have with the 0-3 spring (the same issues that Todd noted with the G17,) but so far my 40`s have been good. Thanks in advance for further input.

IMHO, the point is, that I never can collect such amount of data as an individual compared to an agency.
    If my guns are running well, means only my guns running well.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The bigger problem is, almost none of the gun companies have their act together these days, and buying a fighting pistol out of the box, is getting tougher and tougher.
    Indeed. Even basic QC in the industry overall is at probably the lowest point it's ever been in my lifetime. Behold:

RTS,

No worries, I sometimes overreact to sample size issues.

I've run into the same issue.

I hear from people constantly when I mention issues with the 3rd gen Glock 22s, "My gun has never had a problem".

So what?

I had 350 of them that did, and other agencies like Indianapolis, Indiana State Police, Milwaukee, etc. have also had issues.

Seriously, I didn't call their mom a bad name, I merely said that a certain model of gun has issues, but people get all butt hurt about it.

The OP asked about how the gen 4 40`s have been working for others; that was responded to. The question has been asked as to what issues have been occuring with the gen 4 40`s. Nobody seems to be complaining of butt pain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Indeed. Even basic QC in the industry overall is at probably the lowest point it's ever been in my lifetime. Behold:

That revolver was manufactured for me. They looked at my targets and compensated accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I might be able to go so far as to say that I have never not seen a problem with glocks when there are lots of people shooting lots of rounds. That may not matter for you, but it does matter to that group.
    SLG,

So have you seen Any handgun run problem free under these conditions?

I understand yours and TPD223 frustration with one off reliability reports. I have the same issue in class, ( Well MY Tarurs has never malled, is a once a week quote, then we shoot and have the AHA moment) But a few thousand trouble free rounds, better grip, lower recoil has me SOLD on the Gen 4.40's. ( mine any how)

I spoke to a good Bud of mine who is the Training sergeant for large local PD and they are going Gen 4 .40's soon so we'll have some more data soon.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

My agency is a small department (approximately 35 sworn officers) that recently switched to Gen 4's. Mainly 22's with a sprinkling of 23's and one or two 27's. Zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mongooseman View Post
    My agency is a small department (approximately 35 sworn officers) that recently switched to Gen 4's. Mainly 22's with a sprinkling of 23's and one or two 27's. Zero problems.

That's good news!!
    Any Idea how many rounds though them on average?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List