Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ Configurator

CZ Configurator

I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I need a new gun... I need a new gun... I need a new gun...

But seriously, after firing a DWX earlier this week I think ill make a bootleg one from a Shadow 2 SAO as its 95% of everything the DWX has and I have a ton of mags for it. My current S2 is just a range gun as I dont compete but I enjoy shooting the hell out of it since its so fast. Unless someone convinces me otherwise for a DWX, its time to hock my Urban Gray Shadow 2.

https://cz-usa.com/cz-configurator/

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I dont need a new gun... I need a new gun... I need a new gun... I need a new gun...

But seriously, after firing a DWX earlier this week I think ill make a bootleg one from a Shadow 2 SAO as its 95% of everything the DWX has and I have a ton of mags for it. My current S2 is just a range gun as I dont compete but I enjoy shooting the hell out of it since its so fast. Unless someone convinces me otherwise for a DWX, its time to hock my Urban Gray Shadow 2.

You can convert a shadow 2 to SAO with parts.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You can convert a shadow 2 to SAO with parts.

This is true yes, but CZ's are a pain to disassemble IME. Worse than reinstalling an HK TRS IMO. Plus, i have the whole thing with the frame being the Urban Gray polycoat. Aircraft stripper wouldve made it easy to remove for the most part as its nitrided underneath but you cant get it anymore. So with parts for the SAO conversion, the time to disassemble the frame and convert the trigger, the cost to get the frame stripped and cerakoted black, grips, mag release, etc it all wouldnt be worth it to me. Id rather just hock it as is and buy the gun I want. Someone out there wants a good deal on an Urban Gray S2 and would love to have it as is, right?

Thats just my perspective on the matter.

CZ's are incredibly easy to take apart and put back together. If you don't want to buy the trigger return spring tool a few people sell, then just a slave pin made from a WD40 straw. What spot do you have trouble with on working on them?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    CZ's are incredibly easy to take apart and put back together. If you don't want to buy the trigger return spring tool a few people sell, then just a slave pin made from a WD40 straw. What spot do you have trouble with on working on them?
    It’s even easier than that going to an SAO trigger. That spring is super easy. It just sits in the trigger housing.

The slave pin trick is for the DASA trigger… SAO is stupid simple.

I run a DA/SA trigger spring along with the SA trigger spring in my TS2, as I find the return weak otherwise. In a Shadow that's converted to SA you can do the same, though as you say, it's super easy to install just the SA trigger during the conversion.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Oh trust me, I am not a careful person. Glocks, M&Ps, 92s, Sig Ps, 1911s, for me, are idiot proof. I can disassemble them and add/take out parts no problem. 92 trigger kits, Sig SRTs, Apex, yadda yadda, easy.

HKs, 3rd gen Smiths, a little bit of a challenge, not quite idiot proof for me but very doable. The most trouble I had here was the TRS when installing a Grayguns flat trigger for my P30L and in a fit of frustration used a piece of straw from a Hornady can of One Shot to see if it would hold the arm of the TRS in the correct position. I was dumbfounded *it actually worked*.

When it came to my attempts to mod my CZ's for a better trigger? It was NOT fun. P-01 decocker? Pain in the ass. SP-01 decocker? Pain in the ass. The RAMI in particular? I REALLY hated taking that fucking thing apart. I still have vivid memories of springs flying, pins falling out, having to buy parts to replace them, it was just a bad experience for me. So I never got the experience (trigger primarily) I wanted out of them in the end so i put them back to stock and sold them.

Now, why buy an S2 you ask? Well for one, I got a good deal on it. Secondly, the gun out of the box was everything I wanted in a CZ, minus the frame color and FPB. My train of thought was that I would never need to take the frame apart, and if I did, it would be just for a TRS which to be honest, I dread because of past experiences and it's why I never dry fire in DA.

So maybe it's nostalgia (not the good kind) that has me thinking this way and now with more gun disassembly experience under my belt (the 3 CZ's were my first guns I ever bought over 18 years ago) maybe I *could* pull it off now. But then again, factoring in the costs of the parts and cerakote work and we return to square one where I can take a bit of a loss and get the gun I really want for a little more.

Gotta crunch some numbers I suppose...
    Last edited by coN; 03-31-2023 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post

A couple options.

-Convert the S2 to SAO or improved trigger:

https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/shadow-2/

-Buy the new RIA 5.0, which reportedly can use CZ75 / Shadow mags:
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns...age=3#i2434043

-Sell the Shadow 2 and the mags. Switch to the DWX, which will be able to also share mags with the CZ P10F and CZ P09, which are both great tactical pistols.

I think buying another S2 but SAO is the least desirable option.

The Shadow 2 doesn't have the decocker or fpb (as you mention) and is a million times easier to take apart than the other ones you worked on. If you get a trs tool from Boss Components (both trs and sear spring tool in one tool) or even the single tools from Eemanntech, it does make putting the springs back in easier, but honestly the slave pin for the trs works pretty easy too. But if you convert over to SA it's even easier to put back together. Trust me, if you can work on an HK you can do this blindfolded, ha going upside down over piranhas, sharks and crocodiles.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

The Shadow 2 doesn't have the decocker or fpb (as you mention) and is a million times easier to take apart than the other ones you worked on. If you get a trs tool from Boss Components (both trs and sear spring tool in one tool) or even the single tools from Eemanntech, it does make putting the springs back in easier, but honestly the slave pin for the trs works pretty easy too. But if you convert over to SA it's even easier to put back together. Trust me, if you can work on an HK you can do this blindfolded, ha going upside down over piranhas, sharks and crocodiles.
    I converted my SP01 to SAO yesterday.

I bent about 4 punches trying to get the disconnector pin out.

But then I decided to use a spring loaded punch to impact it out and that worked FANTASTIC.

User Tag List