Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta bringing back the Cheetah series?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    This. All .380s should be .32s and all sub 20 ounce .38s should also be .32s.
    I agree with the first statement, but not the second one. My 442 is very shootable. However, I think revolver manufacturers should make a concerted effort to make and keep .32s (.32S&W/.32H&R/.32FED) in stock. Seems like the big four, have models, but you never see them anywhere.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I agree with the first statement, but not the second one. My 442 is very shootable. However, I think revolver manufacturers should make a concerted effort to make and keep .32s (.32S&W/.32H&R/.32FED) in stock. Seems like the big four, have models, but you never see them anywhere.
    I mean, the 442’s a fine little blaster, but I don’t regret dumping mine once I got a 432.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I mean, the 442’s a fine little blaster, but I don’t regret dumping mine once I got a 432.
    Honestly, didn't think much of the 442, when I bought it. Just another J-Frame, but when I shot it during a couple of range sessions, I found that it shot very well for me. I must admit that I haven't shot a .32 S&W J-Frame in several decades, but it also shot very well. But since they seem all but unobtainable or too damned expensive, I've settled on the .38. But I still look for them on GB, here in the state of Tennessee.

Tell me what you like about the 432?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I must admit that I haven't shot a .32 S&W J-Frame in several decades, but it also shot very well. But since they seem all but unobtainable or too damned expensive…
    That’s because Darryl, Chuck, and Claude have bought them all. I was lucky to snag one when I did!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    When I got my 432, it seems there was a dump of them. The San Antonio Saxet gun show had a few tables with them for $305. Wish I had bought more than one. Later the local Cabelas had SW 632 SS 3 inch comped, hammered guns. Bought one of those. That's my ultimate revolver! Have it stashed with a couple of speed loaders and some Buffalo Bore hard cast guaranteed to kill dinosaur 327 mag rounds, if we could ever carry in the parks again.

I still have a 642 with a CT laser grip. It's a nice pocket gun. Goes to the mail box. Never know, yesterday two big fat geese were just walking down the middle of the road. Might be evil?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    I actually like my P32. Mine was purchased used and it had a few issues. Nothing that would stop it from firing all but the last round of the first mag but still.

Sent it to Kel Tec, purchased a label from them for $25. They fixed it and sent it back, and it works fine now, though I haven’t put a ton of rounds through it. My standards are pretty low for a gun like this. If I can make it through a magazine, or two, without issue, that’s all I ask of it.

Having a the as a back up to Cheetah 32 would be pretty neat.

How many rounds could one fit into a reliable .32 double stack magazine? The old .32 cheetahs held one less round than the .380, I think.

@Tamara

What are your thoughts on “rim lock” in a .32 double stack gun?

I’m not too concerned by in my P32.

The P32 is fun to shoot, my LCP, not really.

A few years ago, a bunch of Beretta 81' surplus Italian prison gaurd guns were being sold by several importers for roughly 200 bucks each. I bought three of them. Wish I had bought a few more . The last one was a BB model. My wife called dibs on two of them, one is hidden in her car and the other hidden in her closet. The BB is in my get home bag with a few spare mags and extra ammo. Aside from the get home bag use, I carry it one day a week on Thirty-twosday. I also find it usefull to teach new shooters due it being accurate and very soft shooting. My grandson put a dent in my .32 ammo can just a few hours ago.

Someone asked about rim lock. I haven't had any issue with it yet but I'm still not convinced that is NOT a real likelyhood. I have run a couple hundred cast flatnose bullets thru mine so far but i am super careful loading the mags as I think that is the most likely cause of rim lock. This is the same bullet that Buffalo Bore uses in thier .32acp load. 75 grain. The loaded rounds are noticably shorter than ball.

This older thread from Outpost75 is worth rereading

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ing-32-Popguns

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I actually like my P32. Mine was purchased used and it had a few issues. Nothing that would stop it from firing all but the last round of the first mag but still.

Sent it to Kel Tec, purchased a label from them for $25. They fixed it and sent it back, and it works fine now, though I haven’t put a ton of rounds through it. My standards are pretty low for a gun like this. If I can make it through a magazine, or two, without issue, that’s all I ask of it.

Having a the as a back up to Cheetah 32 would be pretty neat.

How many rounds could one fit into a reliable .32 double stack magazine? The old .32 cheetahs held one less round than the .380, I think.

@Tamara

What are your thoughts on “rim lock” in a .32 double stack gun?

I’m not too concerned by in my P32.

The P32 is fun to shoot, my LCP, not really.
    I'm not Tamara, but she once mentioned to me that .380 and .32 both share the same rim diameter, when "hi-cap" .32 mags were talked about. So theoretical capacity should be the same/similar. I can only think of one double stack .32 pistol offhand, the CZ 83. Not sure if they had any issues with rim lock in those... always wanted one, but never did find one locally.

When I had my P-32's (long gone now) I only carried euro-made 73gr FMJ Fiocchi in it, to avoid rimlock. I shot and carried the 60gr Gold Dot load for a short while, before I learned about rim lock. I never experienced it, but supposedly any bullet profile that had a short OAL could, in theory, induce rim-lock during the firing cycle (or rough handling), including flat nose cast or FMJ loads. Round nose FMJ filled the magazines enough, front to back, that it was almost impossible for rims to jump.

The P-32's are indeed easy and fun to shoot. I put several thousand rounds through two different guns. I sent my last one down the road with all my .32 ACP reloading supplies a while ago. While I don't exactly regret it, I sometimes wish I still had a P-32, and wish I could luck into an 83 and some mags for a reasonable price.

A new Beretta in .32 with something like 13-15rd capacity would somewhat interest me. Of course, I'd do something dumb like stick an RMR on the top of it.

ETA: .32 ACP Best ACP!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Little Copycat Pistol
    I laughed, but Ruger did actually improve on them a little. At least on paper. The LCP II's more specifically. But... I also have only shot Kel-Tec's versions (.380, .32) and never a Ruger copy.

I will admit that an LCP II .22, with a $70 threaded barrel kit from CDNN intrigues me as a host for a suppressor. Just for shits and giggles I may buy one eventually.

User Tag List