Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I WON!

It's finally home and I got the BK Grip adaptor this week and installed it (thanks for the tip @Stephanie). Looking for a holster for it now. Thinking about getting a Tom Threeperson or Hunter style. Maybe an old Don Hume off Evil Bay. Also thought about getting one of a reproduction WWII shoulder holsters for it. I do have a old, but nice Bianchi #350 Duty holster for it. Picked that up at an antique store, for a whopping $10. I had planned to use it with another pistol. that I was looking for at the time. That fell through, but it works perfectly with this S&W 10-7 revolver. Still need a nice duty belt for it, but haven't found one of those on the cheap that fits yet. Y'all got any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice @Moped! Those BK's look great.
    Beautiful Model 10.

Congrats again. Now we need some range time.

Looks good.

Duty belt like old cop duty belt?

I picked up a couple on eBay from safariland for under $20
    Name:  IMG_20220913_184544~2.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  43.7 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Very nice @Moped! Those BK's look great.
    Beautiful Model 10.

Congrats again. Now we need some range time.
    Yes we do! Maybe next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Nice looking shooter, Jamie! This one is going to be a shooter too. 🙂

I looked at the BK website last night and the Tyler website too. Probably going with the BK. I like the double clip setup better. I’ve had the Tyler T grip on a Colt Agent and it worked fine. But the price on the BK is much better too.
    Very nice. I have Tyler someplace that came on a gun that I'll never use. I'm not even sure what it came on, maybe a model 19 RB. If I can find it you can have it for shipping.

I'll look.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Very nice. I have Tyler someplace that came on a gun that I'll never use. I'm not even sure what it came on, maybe a model 19 RB. If I can find it you can have it for shipping.

I'll look.
    Thanks! I put a BK on it. Thanks for the offer though! 🙂

My wife and I were out antiquing (looking for teapots for her crafts) and I ran across a couple of items of great interest to me. I scored a leather Bianchi Phantom X2100 shoulder holster for the Roscoe this afternoon at an antique store today. Yes it’s been used a little but the steel clip is strong and there is no fraying of the elastic shoulder strap. The leather is in excellent condition! Got it for $53 out the door!

I also scored another leather Bianchi holster for $15 at the Salvation Army, of all places. This one is a Shadow #7 for my Walther PPK/s. It’s been carried, but it’s in very good condition too. The snap is in great shape.

Name:  IMG_0468.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  35.5 KBName:  IMG_0467.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  37.2 KB

Cool finds @Moped! Congrats!

I obviously need to hit the local antique stores and Salvation Army. Who would have thought?

My Model 10 seems to find it's way into my range bag at least once a week. Shooting it just makes my soul happy.

I have one of Tony's holsters for it, but I really need some old school leather...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Cool finds @Moped! Congrats!

I obviously need to hit the local antique stores and Salvation Army. Who would have thought?

My Model 10 seems to find it's way into my range bag at least once a week. Shooting it just makes my soul happy.

I have one of Tony's holsters for it, but I really need some old school leather...
    I haven't forgotten about us getting together for a range session. Just trying to find the time between a new job and family and social schedules is hard right now.

As for my finds yesterday, those are rare occurrences. Though I have found some neat things at antique stores! The Salvation Army was new one though!

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I haven't forgotten about us getting together for a range session. Just trying to find the time between a new job and family and social schedules is hard right now.
    Completely understand that my friend. I am supposed to be retired and find myself "helping out" at work 3-4 days a week... plus prep time. But work is a blessing so I can't complain.

A mentor (my Chief) told me long ago that I should learn to prioritize: God-Family-Work-Everything Else. Served me well so far in life.

It's too darn hot for an old man like me to be outside shooting right now anyway LOL. Thank God for air-conditioned indoor ranges.

I never would have thought about the Salvation Army either. Great find!

User Tag List