Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: N-frame holstet?

[QUOTE=Tony Mayer;1460779]
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post

AIWB, George, OWB1, IWB3 and Wing Claw 2.0, need to figure out a wing claw 2.5 with wide hole pattern and pull the dots as that would be the bees knees for wheel guns.
    YES!
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

The Baranti CCR is a very nice holster. There just happens to be one in the sales forum.

The only problem I found with it is that my mountain gun would fall out while sledding and wrestling. I spend a lot of time doing those activities so down the river it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The Baranti CCR is a very nice holster. There just happens to be one in the sales forum.

The only problem I found with it is that my mountain gun would fall out while sledding and wrestling. I spend a lot of time doing those activities so down the river it goes.
    Don't those have a tension screw, it won't snug down enough?

You're probably aware but the holster is one punched hole and a small loop of leather bootlace from being secure. Only problem is you have to unloop the hammer to unleash the gun.

[QUOTE=Tony Mayer;1460730]
    Full under lug, partial, or the odd tapered lug on the Perf. Center slab side barrels??

And, what barrel lengths?

Regards.[/QUOTE

Can do up to the 4" barreled versions( May be able to stretch out to 5" on my mold but not sure yet), full and partial for sure, not sure on a performance center slab side as I don't have one or know anyone that has one to test it, but I am kind of doubtful.

Thanks

I see under your aiwb you have the 327 available. Do we need to specify barrel length in the comments section? I know it may be asking to much but how about barrel profile? I've found tapered barrels in kydex holsters made for larger barrels rattle.

You're probably aware but the holster is one punched hole and a small loop of leather bootlace from being secure. Only problem is you have to unloop the hammer to unleash the gun.

It does have a screw but it still slips out.

I have 3 holsters with a thong and it works very well. One thing you can do is set the thong with a short side that will pull out on an emergency draw. I set mine up with 1 to 1.5 inches on the short side. Drawing with the loop still over the hammer creates a 2 to 1 and will release very quick. It works well in practice either pulling out or breaking, I've never had to do it for real.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Tony Mayer;1460779]

AIWB, George, OWB1, IWB3 and Wing Claw 2.0, need to figure out a wing claw 2.5 with wide hole pattern and pull the dots as that would be the bees knees for wheel guns.
    Has anyone carried a N-frame AIWB?

Anyway, over at the Book of Faces, Darryl's chronicling setting up a " Model 28 the way he likes it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

[QUOTE=03RN;1461638]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post

I see under your aiwb you have the 327 available. Do we need to specify barrel length in the comments section? I know it may be asking to much but how about barrel profile? I've found tapered barrels in kydex holsters made for larger barrels rattle.
    If its for a 327, no. If it's for a different N frame, then yes. Not sure on barrel profile and rattle, but the cylinder is a really good fit so doubtful on the tapered barrel play.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Cool

[QUOTE=Stephanie B;1461646]

Has anyone carried a N-frame AIWB?

Anyway, over at the Book of Faces, Darryl's chronicling setting up a " Model 28 the way he likes it.
    I have sold quite a few 327/627 holsters so yes. We just found out that other N frames (629/29 etc.) fit our molds so none of those yet. DB will probably be doing that on the book of faces!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=03RN;1461638]

[QUOTE=Tony Mayer;1461647]
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

If its for a 327, no. If it's for a different N frame, then yes. Not sure on barrel profile and rattle, but the cylinder is a really good fit so doubtful on the tapered barrel play.
    This is not a 100% answer, but I'm currently carrying a 4" M10-5 with a tapered barrel in an IWB3 and there's no rattle. Obviously, it's not an N frame, but it seems to imply that it'd be the same for N frames.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List