Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Got back into leather with an SME I purchased off a seller on a different forum.

Been wearing it a bit, but have the corner of my 1911 printing. What solutions have folks find for that extra bit of grip tuck? I need wedge more than than lever, but I'd hate to mess up this fine leather with adhesive velcro. Recommendations?

EDIT:

It's also too tight to reholster one handed (I have to hold the belt in place while jamming in the pistol) - but am uncertain if I should use the plastic bag trick or do more draws.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

When I first got my SME, back in 2017(?) I thought I needed a wedge. SLG told me to Velcro a wedge on. Later after some regular use, I realized I didn’t need it after all. What size pistol are you using? What’s your physical build?

As far as the tightness? I’d do the ziploc bag trick first

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    When I first got my SME, back in 2017(?) I thought I needed a wedge. SLG told me to Velcro a wedge on. Later after some regular use, I realized I didn’t need it after all. What size pistol are you using? What’s your physical build?

As far as the tightness? I’d do the ziploc bag trick first
    1911 Government .45

6'2" large frame 240 pound male (and losing weight) currently wearing 38 Levis that require a belt lest there be plumber's crack.

The draw is fine, it's the reholstering that's an issue. Still recommend plastic bag?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Plastic bag for sure

User Tag List