Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Thanks! I do have an extra for an HK USP and an M&P 9 if either of those were your choice.

I saw that. Unfortunately not.

Cheers,
    David

John, you rock! I need to sell off a bunch of (now) useless kydex. Keep on rockin brother!

I've been reading through this thread and getting excited that this might just be the holster I am looking for. I do have concerns though about the thickness of the leather between the gun and the belt loops. While I do love the feel and look of leather I have been using kydex because the thinness of the material greatly increased concealability for me. I have recently been carrying a G19 in a kydex AIWB holster with pretty good results after installing some foam to provide some tuck. I'd like to start carrying my Commander sized Sig 1911. It is thinner than the G19 and should provide me with greater concealment and peace of mind with the thumb safety. I am thin (6'0", 170lb.) so concealing a pistol has always been a challenge for me. Just looking at the pictures below from Serpico1985, I wonder if the thickness of the leather is just too thick for me to hide. I don't like looking like there is a strange growth in my abdomen and struggle with this even with kydex holsters. This looks like a monster of a holster to me. Any comments to pacify my fears?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Ok some pics.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've been using it daily for quite some time and I don't notice any monster-ish quality to the concealment. It's as invisible as my good kydex rigs like the CCC "Shaggy".
    3/15/2016

I have a Commander SME. It is thick in the area you're wondering about -- it's a very robust holster -- but it's adding relatively little to the overall bulk of the gun. I am getting a thin JM Custom in the next day or two and will post comparison photos.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I have a Commander SME. It is thick in the area you're wondering about -- it's a very robust holster -- but it's adding relatively little to the overall bulk of the gun. I am getting a thin JM Custom in the next day or two and will post comparison photos.
    Thanks that would be great to see the difference.

Man I can't wait for mine. I'm about a month in on my wait for an SME for my HK45c and am giddy with anticipation. I was hoping it would be done before the start of my summer vacation in the first week of July, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Regardless I keep coming back to this thread and I know it's going to be worth the wait.

Pics as promised.
    Name:  side by side.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  52.8 KB
    Side by side, or mouth by mouth. From this angle they look similar but there is a lot more going on with the SME.
    Name:  side by side 2.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  51.3 KB
    Side by side from the side. There's a lot more taper with the SME, but the mouth is in reality much wider.

Name:  gun in jmc.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  79.7 KB
    My Dan Wesson CCO in the JMC.

(More pics in separate post

Name:  gun in sme.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  86.9 KB
    CCO in SME

Name:  top view sme.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  33.3 KB
    SME top-down. Thick but lots of butt tuck.
    Name:  top view jmc.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  40.7 KB
    JMC top down. Less tuck, better flattening of the gun into my body overall.
    Name:  revealed jmc.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  30.5 KB
    JMC from the front.
    Name:  revealed sme.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  30.1 KB
    SME from the front

User Tag List