Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather, LLC announces the release of the SME!

Mine is taking a bit of a trip it seems, it's cleared customs here now, but traveled through Spokane down to San Francisco and then up here. Not sure if the tracking system is actually correct or maybe international parcels go south before they go north? But it should be here this week.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Mine is taking a bit of a trip it seems, it's cleared customs here now, but traveled through Spokane down to San Francisco and then up here. Not sure if the tracking system is actually correct or maybe international parcels go south before they go north? But it should be here this week.
    Spokane was the start, not sure why it would head to SF though...I would have thought Seattle. Of course, I had a package to my sister in LV that went to Houston for a week, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by arrigoni View Post
    Any pics of it being worn with a G19?
    I've been wearing it with a G19, I'll see about getting some pictures up. I really want to compare it to my JRC-AIWB, but I lent mine. (To my brother, along with almost all of my good holsters, to help him decide on a holster type. Otherwise, I wouldn't have lent it out!)

I pretty much use my JRC-AIWB these days, unless I feel like wearing a flimsy T shirt - which is pretty often here in Miami, even in January - in which case I wear my Keeper. The JRC is more comfortable, though the Keeper is fine. The Keeper conceals better, though the JRC is fine. After a couple of days with the SME, it seems very comparable to the JRC - I'd have to have them both here and do a side-by-side to tell the difference in function. They're both built like tanks, just oozing pride of craftsmanship. Just like with the JRC, I can conceal it with a T shirt, but if the shirt's not a little loose, I have to be careful. And from a comfort perspective, it just disappears, like others have been saying. I'm a happy glocker.

Thanks, John, and everyone else involved in the design!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I've been carrying my Colt Rail gun daily with my new SME for about 1.5 months now. What can I say, it is hands down the most comfortable holster I have worn to date. Before that was my old favorite the excellent Alessi PCH. Ive tried a lot of AIWB holsters for 1911's, but the SME is the best by far. I have no problem concealing a fullsize 1911 under a XL t-shirt. I'm 6'-4" so an XL is fairly form fitting and not a tent. The SME does an excellent job of tucking the but of the gun in close to my stomach. I can dress like all the other sheeple in Vegas and not look like a "gun guy" and nobody is any wiser when using the SME. I'm sold. Now I need one for my G19.

got the pick up notice today and grabbed the parcel on my way out tonight. Just got home and stuffed my G19 in the holster, wow, tight fit. Tight enough it unlocks the slide when putting it in the holster although on the draw it obviously pulls it back into place. Easy to push the slide into place once the gun is fully in the holster as well. Being that my experience with actual carry holsters is limited (IPSC guy) what kind of break in period should I expect with this holster? Right now I'll admit the draw is actually a bit difficult. Even just holding the holster drawing the gun is harder than I expected. But, maybe I expected wrong?
    Craftsmanship on this holster is just amazing, while I might not be super experienced in holsters I've seen a lot of them and worked with a custom leather maker for years, it's pretty obvious that John really knows what he's doing. Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this holster to the market, I'm looking forward to learning more with it.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    got the pick up notice today and grabbed the parcel on my way out tonight. Just got home and stuffed my G19 in the holster, wow, tight fit. Tight enough it unlocks the slide when putting it in the holster although on the draw it obviously pulls it back into place. Easy to push the slide into place once the gun is fully in the holster as well. Being that my experience with actual carry holsters is limited (IPSC guy) what kind of break in period should I expect with this holster? Right now I'll admit the draw is actually a bit difficult. Even just holding the holster drawing the gun is harder than I expected. But, maybe I expected wrong?
    Craftsmanship on this holster is just amazing, while I might not be super experienced in holsters I've seen a lot of them and worked with a custom leather maker for years, it's pretty obvious that John really knows what he's doing. Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this holster to the market, I'm looking forward to learning more with it.
    Put your empty glock in the zip lock bag and push it down into the holster. Pull it out about 1/4" and let it sit for an hour or two. Try the fit without the bag. Repeat until it is just about right. Don't over do it, as it won't shrink...ever. You could even leave it over night if needed, but usually a few hours takes care of it.

huh, I didn't even know that was a ziplock bag, thought it was a heat sealed bag, which of course means tear open! luckily I didn't totally ruin the bag getting the holster out.
    Thanks a ton for the suggestion John, the fact that you're up, monitoring this thread, at this time of the night speaks volumes about your customer service!

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Initial impressions - Received my G19 holster yesterday afternoon. Put the holster on and jumped in the truck for a three hour drive. No problems at all.

Fit and finish are awesome, the holster sort of reminds me of my beeswax treated Skookum Bush Tool sheath the way the pistol clicks in. One question, any chance of putting leather pull dots on this in place of a fixed loop? The loop isn't bothering me, I just like the ability to remove the holster without unbelting.

Received 41 and 42 yesterday. Outstanding workmanship and quality. Very comfortable and I consider myself lucky to have followed the announcement and been on-line in time to make the list.

One question.. what kind of needle makes it through 5 layers of leather in the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Received 41 and 42 yesterday. Outstanding workmanship and quality. Very comfortable and I consider myself lucky to have followed the announcement and been on-line in time to make the list.

One question.. what kind of needle makes it through 5 layers of leather in the wing?
    Can not disclose secrets.....but it is rumored to be depleted uranium encrusted unicorn horn.......

User Tag List