Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: being "trail safe"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mrs. CF has a new iPhone with the emergency satellite feature. I really like having that, but we've decided not to rely on a cell phone as our primary emergency device because as you pointed out they aren't very rugged. As well, the phone is also a camera, a notebook, social media feed, etc. The likelihood of it getting broken or lost increases because it's in constant use. I like having the inReach because it has only one or two functions, and is very rugged.
    When I bought my iPhone 12, the AT&T store had a Pelican case rated for 20 foot drops. My phone immediately went in that case. Almost 2 1/2 years later, the case is showing some wear but is still very functional (I do not abuse my phone).

https://pelicanphonecases.com/collec...o-black-kevlar
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Mrs. CF has a new iPhone with the emergency satellite feature. I really like having that, but we've decided not to rely on a cell phone as our primary emergency device because as you pointed out they aren't very rugged. As well, the phone is also a camera, a notebook, social media feed, etc. The likelihood of it getting broken or lost increases because it's in constant use. I like having the inReach because it has only one or two functions, and is very rugged.
    What have you learned about the emergency satellite feature? Two-way comms? With anyone?
    It sounds good in Apple’s advertising copy, but I’m curious. Planning to get the new iPhone in the next few months, but haven’t seen details on the satellite comm features.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    What have you learned about the emergency satellite feature? Two-way comms? With anyone?
    It sounds good in Apple’s advertising copy, but I’m curious. Planning to get the new iPhone in the next few months, but haven’t seen details on the satellite comm features.
    It’s limited, but the feature set is growing. Check this out:

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/...nal-free-year/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

This new Motorola device is interesting. Not sure which satellite network they plug into.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

being "trail safe"

I posted about a backcountry incident involving a hobo with a shotgun in the Shithole Cities thread. This scenario illustrates why I am armed with a carbine when I'm 4-wheeling.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I posted about a backcountry incident involving a hobo with a shotgun in the Shithole Cities thread. This scenario illustrates why I am armed with a carbine when I'm 4-wheeling.

Glad that hobo missed

User Tag List