Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3” K frames are….

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The current GB prices for S&W 9mm revolvers show that the sellers want stupid money and the bidders aren't biting.
    Actual average selling prices for collector-grade 547s seem to be in the high teens, less for a lightly-used specimen, but even shooter-grade guns book pretty solid when they pop up.

Those guys asking over two G's for one without a box are wildly optimistic.

(I like the guy asking big money for a "Pinned & Recessed" 940 that clearly does not have a pinned barrel, nor ever did any 940 have recessed chambers. Plus the gun has a clearly visible alphanumeric serial number that dates to the early Nineties, a decade after any pinned barrel Smith left the factory. What do chucklefucks even think "pinned and recessed" means these days? Are they just using it as shorthand for "I think it's old?")
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

P&R 940? What a joke that listing is… and I figured the seller would have a very sketchy rating! But no, he’s got just + rating (if only 125…).

Speaking of big numbers, the 3” Model 13 is now well into the four figures and increasing…
    These are really neat pistols and great for collectibility. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/971343039 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/967788018

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Speaking of big numbers, the 3” Model 13 is now well into the four figures and increasing…
    These are really neat pistols and great for collectibility.
    Definitely! My PC13 is one of my favorite blasters ever.

Name:  pconion1.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  95.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Back when I was working at Randy's Guns & Knives or Coal Creek Armory in the early-mid '00s, I threw a few into one of our weekly orders from Chattanooga Shooting Supplies, who was probably tickled to see them go.
    Coal Creek Armory has been empty since before Covid. I got my HCP training there and my office is near there. They must want a war pension for the rent.

Randy's Guns & Knives is now run by a couple of young guys, under the name Crossroad Firearms. Both of them are great guys. They are my goto LGS. I've bought enough from them, that they know this old man by his first name. I hope they stay in business for many years to come. It doesn't hurt that I'm less than a mile from the store. Well it hurts my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Coal Creek Armory has been empty since before Covid. I got my HCP training there and my office is near there. They must want a war pension for the rent.
    Place is practically a frickin' Superfund site, to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Place is practically a frickin' Superfund site, to boot.
    I imagine from the lead...

Craig, I have a spiffy K-frame for you to shoot when you wander northward next month. I handed Dave Fink a Model 10 and told him "Please thyself."

I also have a neat old Bureau 3" gun that got wrenched on at Quantico by the old-time armorers, according to Wayne.

I figured you, Paul and Larry would chuckle shooting them and bringing back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Craig, I have a spiffy K-frame for you to shoot when you wander northward next month. I handed Dave Fink a Model 10 and told him "Please thyself."

I also have a neat old Bureau 3" gun that got wrenched on at Quantico by the old-time armorers, according to Wayne.

I figured you, Paul and Larry would chuckle shooting them and bringing back memories.
    Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I handed Dave Fink a Model 10 and told him "Please thyself."
    Uh-huh.

So that’s why I’m still waiting on my Model 24.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Uh-huh.

So that’s why I’m still waiting on my Model 24.
    Nope. I did that a year and a half ago, and got the pistol back in July of last year.

User Tag List