Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chat GPT for police reports?

Site Supporter
    If I used ai software to write my sales reports. I’m pretty sure my company would be on me in a fuckin minute

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    To write a police report is to dryly recount facts. Chat GPT doesn't know what those facts are unless you "tell" it, and by the time you've assembled that, you've essentially written the report yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Have any of you played around with chat gpt? I know it is being rapidly adopted by the real estate industry to ghost write property listings so I'm curious if it would be useful for various administrative reports. I know Axon has been developing AI specifically for police reports, but chat gpt is (currently) free.
    LeFancais and Wayne Dobbs are spot on here.

A police report is preserving the officers account of an incident for future testimony. The potential legal and procedural issues would be a gift for defense attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Yeah, but does the AI know how to write: "Saw drunk, arrested same."?

I know of a probable cause (arrest) affidavit from a good many decades ago that read: "He call me sumbitch, I call him sumbitch, I put he ass in jail."

Site Supporter
    Yeah, but does the AI know how to write: "Saw drunk, arrested same."?

Every one of my Recruit Officers get to watch the J.D. Buck Savage videos...

The training value is there...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I got to see some 1930's vintage reports from my agency. They were literally the same as the above. I actually tried to submit one like that for a drunk arrest circa 1979. My sergeant wouldn't buy in for some reason...
    Cleaning out ancient reports in storage I came upon one in which the narrative included, "He called me a pig and I laid the wood to him." Shocking!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Every one of my Recruit Officers get to watch the J.D. Buck Savage videos...

The training value is there...

pat
    My class Sergeant played them all for us during the patrol class. They hold up. I have no clue in my department’s academy shows them now.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    My class Sergeant played them all for us during the patrol class. They hold up. I have no clue in my department’s academy shows them now.

"The hands, rookie. Always watch...the hands."

"The hands, rookie. Always watch...the hands."
    The MOP… Mobile Observation Platform in Buck Savage for squad car

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I was shown all these on VHS when I got back from the academy in 1989. I was happy to find them on YouTube a few years ago

Site Supporter
    If you like the Buxk Savage videos, check out "Animated Stories of the Freeway Patrol" on YouTube.

User Tag List