Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surefire x300 Ultra

I was looking for reviews on the Ultra and there was a good YouTube video with a side by side comparison of the x300 and x300 Ultra shooting a plate rack at night and another with night photos of a couple lights compared to the Ultra. A google search will get you to the few reviews out there.

In the back of my mind I am concerned that 500 lumens might be over the top but we will see soon enough.

Mike

In what environment?
    Mainly on a long gun and in a shoot house. Don't have the article handy for reference.

I have a Fury and have yet to be momentarily blinded when "pie-ing corners" in my house at night (granted, all of my operational experience with it has been make-believe up to this point). The 500 lumens makes a HUGE difference IMHO, and I will be replacing my X300 as soon as funds permit.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

here is the You Tube video I was talking about. http://youtu.be/zDkUgYG2NRM

And the forum thread with some really good pictures. For everyone concerned about the size this thread has a side by side of the x300 and ultra. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ire-X300-Ultra

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    I wonder if it will fit existing X300 holsters. The bezel on the X300 Ultra looks big. It looks like it will barley fit my ALS holster, if it will fit it at all. I would like to surefire to make a light that is smaller. It looks like that X300 slim or mini was just a teaser. It was suppose to be out by now. I guess Surefire decided not to make it and make the X300 Ultra.
    I like running a 6004 with M3 light for my glock + X300. I specifically picked this one up since it holsters easily with the bale as primary retention. The X300 ultra has a longer bezel but don't think it's any "fatter" than its predecessor. I too hope this setup works with the new ultra because it def won't fit with my kydex holsters!

At night, around bears, I consider 500 lumens a good start, and look forward to 1,000 lumens or whatever the next generation brings. I got a Fury a few months back, and have carried it with me once darkness came again to Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    here is the You Tube video I was talking about. http://youtu.be/zDkUgYG2NRM

And the forum thread with some really good pictures. For everyone concerned about the size this thread has a side by side of the x300 and ultra. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ire-X300-Ultra

Mike
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    The Streamlight TLR series always had more flood than Surefire's spot, so I'm hoping the X300 Ultra puts the extra lumens to work by increasing the flood instead of making an incredibly bright spot.
    A TLR1 user, intrigued by the extra lumens, I just got an X300 Ultra (off of Amazon, of all places, for around $200), and if I figured out how to post photos here correctly, you can see for yourself:

TLR1:

Name:  TLR1.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  19.1 KB

X300 Ultra:

Name:  X300U.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  28.4 KB

Ok so my x300 ultra, nitecore mt26, and my 10-8 base pads all shipped today. Thats great news but being an early adopter of the ultra is making it hard to find holsters, anybody have any ideas? Looking for all three IWB, AIWB, and OWB. Sparks2112 said I should really check out the Keeper which I will do as soon as I press enter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Ok so my x300 ultra, nitecore mt26, and my 10-8 base pads all shipped today. Thats great news but being an early adopter of the ultra is making it hard to find holsters, anybody have any ideas? Looking for all three IWB, AIWB, and OWB. Sparks2112 said I should really check out the Keeper which I will do as soon as I press enter.
    I'm not sure if Spencer is doing them for lights yet, or if that would even work. I do know its the most comfortable holster I've ever tried on and I'm really looking forward to getting one for an early Christmas present.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List