Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire x300 Ultra

Surefire x300 Ultra

I just ordered one from http://goinggear.com/flashlights/wea...aponlight.html and a Nitecore MT26 for work. Cain't wait but I have an idea I will have to send it out to the guy I get my holsters from.

Mike

When that thing shows up bring it by the shop if you don't mind. I think it'd be cool on a rifle.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Mine should be arriving any day now.

However, it may just be used for production. I don't want to throw stones until I've had some time with the product, but that is a lot of Lumens in a WML. I could see it blinding the user's eyes when adjusted for the dark - particularly if hitting a wall with semi-gloss white paint, or any reflective surface.

The Streamlight TLR series always had more flood than Surefire's spot, so I'm hoping the X300 Ultra puts the extra lumens to work by increasing the flood instead of making an incredibly bright spot. If not, it would make a nice outdoor orientated long gun weapon light.

I do wish it didn't extend the length of the X300 so much. I don't think anyone has said "I wish my X300 was longer". The opposite however has been long wished for with the teased X300compact. I pray it doesn't become vaporware. The HK45C crowd would greatly benefit from the X300compact.

Site Supporter
    I've been thinking about putting one at 12 o'clock on an AR rail.

Pat Rogers has been running the 500 lumen Fury for a while now. No issues with getting dazzled. Good article about that in this month's SWAT.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Pat Rogers has been running the 500 lumen Fury for a while now. No issues with getting dazzled. Good article about that in this month's SWAT.
    In what environment?

I brought a 350-lumen to AMIS last year. It worked fine a good part of the time. It also just about melted my retinas when I lit up a big mirror about ten feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    I would question the context. 200 lumens seems to be about the max I can see myself, a training junkie civilian, ever needing on a pistol or handheld. In the context of a long gun I think a case can be made for more but who knows.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I wonder if it will fit existing X300 holsters. The bezel on the X300 Ultra looks big. It looks like it will barley fit my ALS holster, if it will fit it at all. I would like to surefire to make a light that is smaller. It looks like that X300 slim or mini was just a teaser. It was suppose to be out by now. I guess Surefire decided not to make it and make the X300 Ultra.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

I just ordered 2. One for my pistol and one for my patrol rifle. I have a Fury scewed into the Surefire forend on my 870 already and its worked great so far. It is a lot of light but I have not had an issue with it blinding me. Can barely wait for X300 Ultra's to come in. What I wish they would do is have a switch on the light for 100 lums dim setting and 500 for outdoors.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I just ordered 2. One for my pistol and one for my patrol rifle. I have a Fury scewed into the Surefire forend on my 870 already and its worked great so far. It is a lot of light but I have not had an issue with it blinding me. Can barely wait for X300 Ultra's to come in. What I wish they would do is have a switch on the light for 100 lums dim setting and 500 for outdoors.
    Pat
    THANK YOU! I've been saying that forever. Hell, even if the bezel could be turned to adjust it I'd be happy. That would make the X300 Ultra the perfect weapon light IMO.

If anyone cares, I did get a couple Streamlight TLR4s in, and Streamlight has added momentary on both sides of the rocker - making it ambi momentary. I'm hoping this carries over to the TLR1/2 in the future. While I still prefer Surefire's momentary, that small change is a big step forward for the TLR series.

User Tag List