Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

I stuffed the Wilson hammer spring back in, so at the moment the only non-Wilson spring in the JSOC is the Tisas sear spring. This gives me a very consistent 5# trigger and no hammer follow.

Next step is figuring out how to tune the Wilson sear spring or trying another. Does anyone have favorite sear springs? I’ve heard EGW relieves the left side to prevent frame drag.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I stuffed the Wilson hammer spring back in, so at the moment the only non-Wilson spring in the JSOC is the Tisas sear spring. This gives me a very consistent 5# trigger and no hammer follow.

Next step is figuring out how to tune the Wilson sear spring or trying another. Does anyone have favorite sear springs? I’ve heard EGW relieves the left side to prevent frame drag.
    Cylinder & Slide
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Note: I was getting an erratic ejection pattern with both pistols. There was a slight bit of extractor clocking on both. I replaced one firing pin stop with a Wilson oversized fps. This didn't work, since the supposedly oversized stop was the same size case the factory part. I wound up using Harrison oversized fps's in both the Stingray and the Tank Commander. These were truly oversized, required fitting and solved the issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Note: I was getting an erratic ejection pattern with both pistols. There was a slight bit of extractor clocking on both. I replaced one firing pin stop with a Wilson oversized fps. This didn't work, since the supposedly oversized stop was the same size case the factory part. I wound up using Harrison oversized fps's in both the Stingray and the Tank Commander. These were truly oversized, required fitting and solved the issue.
    I'd found the same issue with a Bullet Proof fps in my Stingray, it required minimal fitting, is better that the OE but still a little loose.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I'd found the same issue with a Bullet Proof fps in my Stingray, it required minimal fitting, is better that the OE but still a little loose.
    The one I tried dropped right in and miced out to the same specs as the factory part. I'm not specifically bagging on Wilson, as I've used their FPS before. But, I think it's might be another example of the generous tolerances used by Tisas.

Some MUESOC clone info:

It was .45 AARP day at the range for me yesterday, and I was able to start function testing the JSOC. Only 100 rounds of ball, but no issues so far. I wasn’t able to check the ejection pattern due to cases bouncing off the divider.

One thing I need to run down for my own curiosity is that the grip bushings may be slightly too far forward. The used wood VZ panels I picked up overhang the front strap checkering by a few thou, nothing that causes issues but a little odd. If it really bothers me I can sand back the front edge of the grip panels, but I didn’t feel it at all during the short range session.

I got in new sear springs, I’ll pop one in and see what it does for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Bud's has a good price yet again.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...d07k3vf6pod61o

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I almost got that one but ended up noticing this for $20 more: https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...+g10+grips+8+1

Seems like a steal for what all it comes with. Price seems to have gone up a bit since this afternoon though.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

User Tag List