Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I keep hearing that "Colt is rocking it" comment and I wonder if people are seeing the same Colts I am. The bones are still good, but too many sloppily fit safeties and creepy triggers at four digit price points. I would put them above Springfield at this time.
    I had been a Colt user for years, and I still consider their Custom Shop guns to be superb, but the Springfield Armory guns I've bought lately seem better made than recent Colt production guns. I have three SA Operators -- one is a Professional -- but they all have very good slide to frame fit and thumb safeties that are crisp and solid. No mushiness at all. All three wear Heinie ledge-style rear sights now and arched MSH but that is all I've had to do to them. My 9mm Operator has been totally reliable. Overall the Operator seems to be a slight step up from their other guns.

Early TRPs probably had some extra fitting and attention over other production line Springfields, but if so that ended years ago. Now only the Professional models receive any significant handwork.

I pretty much echo everything that TGS said- my only real gripe is not having the ETM mags in hand (I hate loading single stack mags at the range when you're on the clock) and the sights were not 100% to my liking- but I am an unapologetic dot-driver.

For me, this will be a hardball only pistol and will be shot infrequently.

I don't regret this purchase and I hope that TISAS continues to offer good quality & affordable 1911's for the US market.

Does Tisaa make an Officer's or a CCO aluminum frame in 9mm?

I have the standard GI model. It works and is outstanding st the price.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I had been a Colt user for years, and I still consider their Custom Shop guns to be superb, but the Springfield Armory guns I've bought lately seem better made than recent Colt production guns. I have three SA Operators -- one is a Professional -- but they all have very good slide to frame fit and thumb safeties that are crisp and solid. No mushiness at all. All three wear Heinie ledge-style rear sights now and arched MSH but that is all I've had to do to them. My 9mm Operator has been totally reliable. Overall the Operator seems to be a slight step up from their other guns.

Early TRPs probably had some extra fitting and attention over other production line Springfields, but if so that ended years ago. Now only the Professional models receive any significant handwork.
    I’ve never been a Colt fan, have hated the sharp edges and some of their design choices, but the new Custom Shop guns seem to be good to go, and I base that opinion partly on your experiences. I know you’ve had good luck with them.

I’ve said for years the only Springfield I’d own would be a Pro, and I’ve held true to that. I miss the one I sold.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Does Tisaa make an Officer's or a CCO aluminum frame in 9mm?
    I think everything is forged steel frames no aluminum, standard length magazines, with 4.25" and 5" barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    I have the standard GI model. It works and is outstanding st the price.
    It'd be helpful if we can qualify these statements with specifics for the purpose of assessing the guns.
    Last edited by TGS; 01-15-2023 at 03:37 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

So, are these close enough to actual 1911 specs that drop in parts will drop in about as well as they do for other makers?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    So, are these close enough to actual 1911 specs that drop in parts will drop in about as well as they do for other makers?
    The answer to this will have a significant impact on whether I buy one. Looking at the Duty and Stakeout in 45.

With everything bad I keep hearing about everything else up to and including Baer, Brown, Wilson, and SACS....I just don't see the point in spending more money than a TISAS.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The answer to this will have a significant impact on whether I buy one. Looking at the Duty and Stakeout in 45.

With everything bad I keep hearing about everything else up to and including Baer, Brown, Wilson, and SACS....I just don't see the point in spending more money than a TISAS.
    Likewise. If I have to file and fiddle and swap and replace to make one work, well...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Guys, you may hear some negative reports about SACS, Wilson, etc... once in a while but trust me there is no comparison between, say, a SACS Pro and a Tisas. Just like there is no comparison between a Colt Custom Shop gun and a Colt production line gun. The hand fitting that goes into higher end guns does have benefits. They aren't always perfect but the high end 1911s are a step up in fit, finish, and function. I'm at the point now where two thirds of my 1911s are hand-built guns.

It's just my opinion, and I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying a Tisas.

User Tag List