Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Just picked this up from my pusher. It reminds me so much of a 1980s American Handgunner cover I couldn’t pass it up. I’m hoping to do very little to it - different grips, springs if needed - and then beat it like a rented mule. I always wanted a buried Bomar on the 1911 I built back then, this made more sense.

Attachment 115900
    These really seem to be a "no brainer" in the custom 1911 market. Please let us know how it works once you have a chance to put some rounds through it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    These really seem to be a "no brainer" in the custom 1911 market. Please let us know how it works once you have a chance to put some rounds through it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Will do! Other than the non derp grip panels, I think initially I may only put in better plunger guts to make the safety a little more tactile - it’s pretty light right now. I’m not seeing anything else that needs immediate addressing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Ambi safety on that Ken??
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Ambi safety on that Ken??
    Yes, sir!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

One of these has the deepest hooks in me.

Name:  IMG_7048.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  19.8 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

If any of these had a 9mm commander eith k cut I would own one already

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    If any of these had a 9mm commander eith k cut I would own one already
    You could probably have one cut?

I used to lust after a Dave Berryhill MEUSOC with a clarks grip safety, and the handmade rearsight. He made several variations, and the pre springfeuld slides with pachmeyers were a pure workgun aesthetic. But Dave passed away in 2015, and the clark grip safety is discontinued. I wound up with a Dan Wesson Valor instead. Probably more practical.

Later, I wanted a decommissioned/surplus/USGI M45A1. But I couldn't afford the prices at the time. Wound up with a USGI M17 instead. I've never shot it, and I'm not a Sig fan.

The CMP 1911s seemed grossly overpriced, and likely not something I could truly enjoy as a shooter. Then they were delayed for years.

Basically I've been interested in service 1911s for some time. Maybe a Tisas "Raider" clone would scratch the itch. The MEUSOC clones aren't really "cloney" enough for my tastes. Where the M45A1 were really just COS colt railguns anyway.

Fuck. I need another gun wantsy like a hole in the head.
    Last edited by Cory; 03-07-2024 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    You could probably have one cut?
    Def could

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Def could
    But compared to an off the shelf solution, soon enough it's just work, work, work, all the time.... I get it.

User Tag List