Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Just bumping this to see if anyone else that follows @jetfire on social media is also getting the strong hint that we’ll see a .327-flavored 856 TORO during SHOT?
    I'd really like to see that setup on a .22LR, personally.

Anyone that qualifies for an account over on Expertvoice.com (LE/gov/industry) that wants one of these or the 605 Toro should really head over there and check them out. REALLY good price.
    Last edited by Lon; 01-07-2024 at 09:58 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Anyone that qualifies for an account over on Expertvoice.com (LE/gov/industry) that wants one of these or the 605 Toro should really head over there and check them out. REALLY good price.
    Yeah, I was really impressed with the ExpertVoice pricing. Now I just need Caleb to get Rossi on there.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Just bumping this to see if anyone else that follows @jetfire on social media is also getting the strong hint that we’ll see a .327-flavored 856 TORO during SHOT?
    ;-)

Re: Rossi on Expert Voice - we're building that project right now. And also Heritage is going to see some expanded, centerfire product offerings as well

I've been enjoying my 856 Toro. The trigger was pretty bad at first, but after 200+ rounds and 500-1000 dryfires it is quite a bit better. It is by far the heaviest DA trigger in my collection, but it is reasonably smooth with just a sliiiight hitch in the middle. I find I can make pretty accurate hits but my trigger stroking speed is quite a bit slower than my more refined handguns.

I first sighted it in with the J point 1 degree shim from Midwayusa, but it turns out my 407K had enough adjustment to not need the shim. Zeroed at 25M with bulk Speer Lawman, I got a 4" 5 shot group with 4 shots in about 2". That is shooting proned out with my wrist on a sandbag on top of an ammo can, not a great setup, and I have little doubt the gun is mechanically capable of putting all its shots in a 2" group at 25M.

One thing I found is that removing the shim made a HUGE difference in my ability to acquire the dot. I'm not sure if it was the slight angle or the extra .14", but with the shim on I had a really hard time picking up the red dot on the draw. With the shim off it is dramatically better, but still not as consistent as with any of my semi-autos. This experience has killed my interest in putting red dots on other revolvers, as I believe everything else on the market mounts significantly higher than the 856. Would so love to see a company design a revolver for a red dot from the ground up to get it nice and low!

What are you guys running for holsters? I am looking for something for traditional 3-ish IWB carry. The Phlster and Harry's options look good except they are geared towards AIWB and I don't need all the extra engineering that goes into an AIWB holster for how I plan to carry this. Taurus has a Comp Tac IWB holster on their website but I have no idea on the quality level.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    What are you guys running for holsters? I am looking for something for traditional 3-ish IWB carry. The Phlster and Harry's options look good except they are geared towards AIWB and I don't need all the extra engineering that goes into an AIWB holster for how I plan to carry this. Taurus has a Comp Tac IWB holster on their website but I have no idea on the quality level.
    I’m firmly on the City Special train but have been debating the new Galco IWB just to have some variety.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/hawk...1208_1612.html

I’m firmly on the City Special train but have been debating the new Galco IWB just to have some variety.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/hawk...1208_1612.html
    That Galco looks pretty nice but I dont know if I can bring myself to spend more than I've ever spent on a holster on the cheapest carry gun in my arsenal!

Have you ever tried the city special in traditional IWB? If so how does it do?

@jetfire any experience with the Comp Tac holster Taurus sells, or any other reccs for a traditional IWB holster for the Toro?

And as long as im pinging you, any updates on TK turning down their firing pin diameter to be compatible with the 856?

Have you ever tried the city special in traditional IWB? If so how does it do?
    Pretty freaking awful for my build and where I wear my pants. If someone could adjust it to a very forward rake and keep the cylinder high, it may work for some.

Site Supporter
    Disregard

@jetfire any experience with the Comp Tac holster Taurus sells, or any other reccs for a traditional IWB holster for the Toro?
    I’m not Caleb but “it works” as a lower-cost OWB paddle holster. I wasn’t a fan of it in IWB mode as the ride height/belt/dot weren’t ideal for me. It’s the only IWB holster I’ve tried for the TORO so I don’t know if it’s just the nature of the optic/revolver beast. And I’ve been completely spoiled by JMCK’s awesomeness.

I must say, the 856 Taurus TORO (my first Taurus) has worked perfectly out of the box. I’ve added a Wolff reduced power hammer spring, the older style Taurus rubber grip and a shim for the Holosun 407.

If anyone has recommendations for a larger grip (wider, not necessarily taller) I’d be all ears.

https://shoptaurus.com/shop-by-model...all-frame-toro

User Tag List