Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Provisional Limited Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    3 Division IDPA master, 2 time high Expert Nationals title. 1 4th place master at IDPA Nationals (before DM division, or it might have been first or second).

So I guess it was 3 matches, not 2?

I really really don’t like to throw out achievements, and I know it’s a far cry from what many here have achieved, but feel like I’m being called out.

It’s disheartening to see someone that openly represents a firearms manufacturer be so condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With 8 round arrays, aren't you still reloading between every array or going to slide lock without a single make up shot with 15 round magazines?
    that sounds like boring matches if there are always 8 round arrays.
    Internationally we shoot 15 in IPSC for Production and, at least the matches I've been to, 8 arrays definitely are not the majority of what you see.
    Now in Canada, with our stupid 10 round law, we are reloading pretty much every time we move, unless we have a really good MD doing stage design, and then we can get some good flow happening without needing to reload constantly.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

3 Division IDPA master, 2 time high Expert Nationals title. 1 4th place master at IDPA Nationals (before DM division, or it might have been first or second).

I really really don’t like to throw out achievements, and I know it’s a far cry from what many here have achieved, but feel like I’m being called out.

It’s disheartening to see someone that openly represents a firearms manufacturer be so condescending.
    LOL! I almost wrote "don't take the bait..." but I'm glad you did.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

5 Division Master, and 3x High Master at Nats. I’d have been a National Champion but I kept losing to some guy name Miculek. It’s disheartening that some people can’t take mild ribbing and instead feel like it’s a personal attack.

But anyway before Clusterfrack decides that I’m bullying again or whatever, the actual point here was that the 1 second per point down is far closer to the spirit of IDPA than half a second. It forces people to really be accountable for their shots, or as BJ Norris said “you’ve got to aim your ass off and be fast” but he wouldn’t know anything, would he?

The Pinhead Target made a difference, too.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's a good way to compare. And IDPA has a fixed hit factor, which is why the shooting isn't that interesting to me. I've shot USPSA stages where the HHF was 3 or below, and most people shot 1.5 to 2.5. Maybe the most interesting are stages that have a mix of target difficulties and a HF below 5. You can't drop points on the close "easy" targets.
    I do enjoy USPSA matches that have a wide range of hit factors and course types (which is something that IPSC does better). It makes me think more about how to best shoot stages.

But, I also enjoy the challenge that fixed 1 hit factor presents. For me, it takes a fair big of concentration to maintain that level of visual confirmation over an entire match. It also makes IDPA more different from USPSA (especially minor) than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I do enjoy USPSA matches that have a wide range of hit factors and course types (which is something that IPSC does better). It makes me think more about how to best shoot stages.

But, I also enjoy the challenge that fixed 1 hit factor presents. For me, it takes a fair big of concentration to maintain that level of visual confirmation over an entire match. It also makes IDPA more different from USPSA (especially minor) than it used to be.
    Is IDPA Virginia count, or Comstock where you can make up your shots with more accurate follow-up shots?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is IDPA Virginia count, or Comstock where you can make up your shots with more accurate follow-up shots?
    Both, except it's called limited or unlimited scoring. And, like USPSA, most stages are unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    At our indoor match, a really fast guy wins with with about 30 As and 26 Cs. Given our distances, is that many peripheral hits really good?
    You need better shooters locally! Typically our fast guys are really fast and are 75%+ alphas.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You need better shooters locally! Typically our fast guys are really fast and are 75%+ alphas.
    Yeah, I have never seen shooters winning matches with that level of (lack of) accuracy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List