Thread: Shadow Systems and ALS holsters

Shadow Systems and ALS holsters

I have two different ALS duty rigs for Glock 19s with optics. One is a 6354. The other is the 7TS with an X300. In the past week, I have tried my MR920 in each of them, and the pistol will not lock into either of them.

Any of y'all have similar results?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

No experience with those pistols in particular, but I have some with both mentioned holsters. Possible it's optic related? I've had some issues with a couple Holosuns and the SROs not allowing the pistol to lock in place, while an RMR and a Romeo I own both fit fine and activate the ALS.

Just spitballing.

T

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    No experience with those pistols in particular, but I have some with both mentioned holsters. Possible it's optic related? I've had some issues with a couple Holosuns and the SROs not allowing the pistol to lock in place, while an RMR and a Romeo I own both fit fine and activate the ALS.

Just spitballing.

T
    I thought it was the optic, but the optic does not appear to be interfering.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Copy. Fwiw, mine didn’t initially appear to be either. But was, just slightly, on the two little raised protuberances on either side of the sight channel.

Anyway, good luck sussing it out.

T

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Copy. Fwiw, mine didn’t initially appear to be either. But was, just slightly, on the two little raised protuberances on either side of the sight channel.

Anyway, good luck sussing it out.

T
    I'll look at it again. Our in-house "holster guy" didn't think it was the optic. I don't recall trying it in either holster when I briefly had it topped with an RMR.

Can't speak to Safariland optic holsters, but I have had zero fitment issues with my MR's and Safariland ALS holster, both duty and off duty carry. They lock in securely just like my Glocks.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Update:

The optic (507C) was preventing the pistol from locking into the holster. The front of the housing was causing it. With an EPS, the pistol will lock into the 6354. I have not tried it in the 7Ts.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Update:

The optic (507C) was preventing the pistol from locking into the holster. The front of the housing was causing it. With an EPS, the pistol will lock into the 6354. I have not tried it in the 7Ts.
    I had a similar issue with my 6354DO and one of my optics (can’t remember which). Judicious application of a Dremel on the offending portion of the holster resolved the issue.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I had a similar issue with my 6354DO and one of my optics (can’t remember which). Judicious application of a Dremel on the offending portion of the holster resolved the issue.
    I probably would have gone that route with a file if the same issue was there with the EPS.

User Tag List