Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland QLS System

Safariland QLS System

I wanted to know if anyone use the QLS? I am thinking about getting one. Does anyone use the QLS L? It is suppose to have an additional locking feature. I cannot find any information on it except on the Safariland web site. Your input is much appreciated
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Used to use the MLS, now using QLS on my ridiculous Highway To The Danger Zone warbelt setup, attached to a standard UBL. I liked the MLS better but popped one, so I went to the stronger QLS, and have gotten used to it thorugh practice.

The whole backstory is pretty TLDR, so if you have specific questions, it'd be more effecient.

I use the QLS system on my duty belt, callout belt, and plate carrier. I have to carry a glock 22 on callouts/missions, but prefer to carry my HK USP 40 when we do warrant service. I also have a Glock 35 I am testing/playing with, and sometimes I use the ALS holster for my USP w/out a light. With the QLS system I can switch between all of them in seconds. I also use it to mount a taser on my belt, heavy gear, and on my plate carrier. I can move it between whatever rig I'm using quickly and it works well.

I have heard from other SWAT guys that during some ground fighting training they were able to rip the holster from the QLS rig. FWIW.

Thanks for the input guys. There is a possibility I am going to be using my Glock 35 at the range master course I am going to next year. I need to use my duty belt for the qualification shoot. I am issued a Glock 22. I would like to get the QLS so I can switch holsters without taking all my stuff off my belt. It sounds like it will do the job. Thanks.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. There is a possibility I am going to be using my Glock 35 at the range master course I am going to next year. I need to use my duty belt for the qualification shoot. I am issued a Glock 22. I would like to get the QLS so I can switch holsters without taking all my stuff off my belt. It sounds like it will do the job. Thanks.
    Just in case you don't want to spend the money ....

If you're using an ALS holster, the G22 will lock into and be secured just fine in a 35 holster. In fact, mine will even lock in without a light. No need to switch things around if that is your only concern.

I now run all my ALS/SLS holsters on QLS...

For what it's worth, my gamer rig is all ELS (for magazine carriers) and QLS (for holsters.) I love having the ability to set my belt up for each individual stage, and leave the stuff I won't need in the range bag.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Just in case you don't want to spend the money ....

If you're using an ALS holster, the G22 will lock into and be secured just fine in a 35 holster. In fact, mine will even lock in without a light. No need to switch things around if that is your only concern.
    Good to know. I did not think about that. Thanks.
    C.A. P.C. 832

Site Supporter
    I'm almost afraid to ask, since I've already spent a fair amount of money on MLS components, but is there a significant advantage to the QLS over the MLS?

User Tag List