Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Quote Originally Posted by NMBigfoot02 View Post
    I'll second most of the advice given here, although I would encourage those who aren't sure they'll stick with it to consider either a corn cob or a previously owned (estate) briar. I would also encourage those new to the hobby to try a range of tobaccos (burley, English, Virginias, and aromatics) to get a feel for what they like best.

Some other online retailers that are good are Pipes and Cigars and Smoking Pipes.
    Cant argue any of that. For beginners though, I'd approach the lats with some caution. They can be a pretty rough start

Smoking Mac B's Vanilla Flake Cut -

Out of 10 (5 being an "average aromatic smoke")

This gets a 5.5-6. Better halfway through, in the begining there is a strong tongue bite.

Not excessively wet or sweet, which I like.

Smoked today in a Pete 11FB. Go slow and easy.

Stays lit extremely well, no relights necessary even with my clumsy technique.

I'm not Irish by any stretch, but I do love a Pete. And you can't have a St. Patty's Day without burning a bowl of something appropriate, so......

and.......15lbs of Luxury Navy Flake for aging purposes!

Very nice! PS makes some of the best blends out there.

Vaglocker,

I only buy boxes when they are on sale- I like Cigars International & Cigar Bid is also a less expensive option.

As for single sticks from shops, i'd recommend whatever catches your eye- that's a quick way to learn. Premium singles will be $, and i've found countless non rated cigars that i've really liked... in fact- there isnt many (med-full) cigars i've tried that I didnt enjoy

Sorry for the poor quality pic contribution, I know there are some talented photographers on here.

Quote Originally Posted by isis07734 View Post
    Vaglocker,

I only buy boxes when they are on sale- I like Cigars International & Cigar Bid is also a less expensive option.

As for single sticks from shops, i'd recommend whatever catches your eye- that's a quick way to learn. Premium singles will be $, and i've found countless non rated cigars that i've really liked... in fact- there isnt many (med-full) cigars i've tried that I didnt enjoy
    Cigar Bid has been dangerous for me. The auctions there can be a bit addicting. Going to a Kristoff event at my local B&M shop tonight. Hope to score some freebies.

Haha, yea- I guess I should feel guilty even recommending a site like that!

I went to a shop opening in Weston, FL once and had a great time. They had ppl hand rolling and everything; met Dan Marino there- which was super cool!

Cohibas

* These were not possessed while in the U.S.

Have pipes inbound for wife and I. I was a tad surprised at her request but she enjoys a good cigar so.....

Ordering Frog Morton Cellar and looking for suggestions for a mild tobacco for her.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Pipes & Cigars is running a buy 2 get 1 free special on Dunhill tobacco. I found the Navy Rolls (backordered right now) and the Flake Medallions (which I don't see on the site right now, but they do have flake which is billed as mellow, if a different blend) to be very mild. The 965 and Standard mixture have a lot more kick. Personally, I love the 965, but I also really enjoy Balkan Sasieni, so I may not be the best source. None of these are aromatics, although the Navy Rolls and Flake Medallions do smell quite sweet in the tin. I'm still relatively new to pipes, so that's the best I've got at this point. It's a hell of a lot of fun learning more, though.

User Tag List