Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post

* These were not possessed while in the U.S.
    I'm no lawyer, but I believe that the Trading with the Enemy Act makes it not just illegal to bring Cuban cigars into the US, but also to spend any non-exempted money on any purchases that would help Cuba. My understanding is, then, that it is illegal for a US citizen to purchase Cuban cigars anywhere in the world, even if they do not enter the US. I believe the fines are even steeper since GW Bush...like $10,000. So, I will assume that someone gave you these as a gift and that you smoked them outside the US, not having paid for them

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Have pipes inbound for wife and I. I was a tad surprised at her request but she enjoys a good cigar so.....

Ordering Frog Morton Cellar and looking for suggestions for a mild tobacco for her.
    Good call on the Frog... Cellar is some good stuff.

Have pipes inbound for wife and I. I was a tad surprised at her request but she enjoys a good cigar so.....

Ordering Frog Morton Cellar and looking for suggestions for a mild tobacco for her.
    What kind of cigars does she prefer? That might help narrow down a blend that will suit her.

I recently tried Frog Morton "On The Bayou" and it was pretty mild but flavorful. Also some may poo poo it but Captain Black is a mild cool burning aromatic that might be good to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by NMBigfoot02 View Post
    What kind of cigars does she prefer? That might help narrow down a blend that will suit her.
    She smokes cigars rarely, maybe every 2 months or so, and I don't have enough data to make that call.
    #RESIST

She smokes cigars rarely, maybe every 2 months or so, and I don't have enough data to make that call.
    In that case, I'd get a sampling of different blends to cover the bases. This is a good one that I can vouch for:

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/scotbl...l#.UayO-0A3vn0

Two aromatics(Butternut, Milk & Honey), one English(English Stout), and one Virginia Blend(Old Red.) Butternut Burley is one of my favorites.

Cheers!

Apparently no one has burned anything since August...

Was in the Sierra Nevadas (Nevada and Kali) recently with a few of my favorite briars:

Lets see what you got, lads!

The Safari Club's magazine had an article on pipe smoking from a fellow named Richard Carleton Hacker. It was only two pages, but had some nice photos. Reminded me a lot of some of you here

On a somewhat related note, what would you all suggest as an introductory pipe for someone not sure if they want to take it up?

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The Safari Club's magazine had an article on pipe smoking from a fellow named Richard Carleton Hacker. It was only two pages, but had some nice photos. Reminded me a lot of some of you here

On a somewhat related note, what would you all suggest as an introductory pipe for someone not sure if they want to take it up?
    I'm also looking at getting into pipe smoking, a lot of my friends started off with corn cobs, but they don't last that long. You can find estate pipes from decent manufacturers on ebay in the $30-100 range. As to what a decent manufacturer is I am not too experienced, but my friends who will spend hundreds of dollars on pipes like Sasieni, GBD and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head right now, maybe there needs to be a pipe chart

On the subject of cigars, I have really been enjoying the Rocky Patel Edge with the corojo wrapper, I could smoke these everyday (and sometimes do). Plus the price is right (if you buy online).
    Last edited by helothar; 05-13-2014 at 11:00 PM.

User Tag List