Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex IWB 2 or Milt Sparks VM2 for Strong-side Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by jwhit View Post
    IWB
    Sorry, my feeble brain processed it as OWB.

Here's a JMCK IWB #3;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    The Sparks holster can be your winter holster and the JMCK your summer holster. Having spent some time in Little Rock, I assure you the kydex saves drying out leather holsters.
    What a coincidence, I’m in NLR! I’ll get both and do just that.

I just got a vm2 and it's quite a bit more stable and comfortable than my summer specials or jmcustom iwb holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I just got a vm2 and it's quite a bit more stable and comfortable than my summer specials or jmcustom iwb holsters.
    How’s the thickness feel compared to a kydex holster?

Quote Originally Posted by jwhit View Post
    How’s the thickness feel compared to a kydex holster?

I'd say it feels better. Horse hide is pretty thin and there's no hard edges

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'd say it feels better. Horse hide is pretty thin and there's no hard edges
    Did you get the full horsehide? I know the cowhide has the body side of the holster made of horsehide too.

This is pretty easy choice.

Get both, order the Sparks and forget about it. Play around with the JM and when the Sparks comes in you have a quality leather option. Both are great but only you can decide which you will prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    This is pretty easy choice.

Get both, order the Sparks and forget about it. Play around with the JM and when the Sparks comes in you have a quality leather option. Both are great but only you can decide which you will prefer.
    This is articulated much better than most “buy both” posts.

Site Supporter
    I have both the JMCK and VM2 for my daily-carry Beretta 92 Compact. I’m very satisfied with both.
    That said, the kydex holster is the one I reach for every time. The Sparks holster is still in a box above the safe, but it’s been at least two years since I’ve used it.

Both are secure and comfortable. The JMCK holster is slimmer, and I can adjust it slightly in clock position and angle depending on the clothes I’m wearing and the car seat or chair that I’m sitting in. It’s also the easiest of the two to put on before heading out the door.

The Sparks VM2 is very consistent in position and angle, and, while a bit thicker, offers more “padding” against the back of my hipbone during a long day, or when I’m particularly lean and have less “natural” padding there.

I would recommend either or both holsters, but for my use, when/if I go to a Glock 19, I’ll use a JMCK, and probably not spend the time and money on a VM2.

Since you already have one, @jwhit, figured I'd mention this. The JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 also works great as a strong side holster. I've had many and carried many larger guns at 3:00 with them (with a straight drop), like a G34, P30, HK45, maybe a few I'm forgetting. They're more comfortable in that position than most other kydex holsters I've found. The claw also helps significantly with pulling in the grip on a larger gun in that position. Also, the hole spacing tends to help with stability quite a bit, which contributes to the comfort IMO.

User Tag List