Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New P226 X Five?

Sensei was correct, this is what have, not the Legion.

Name:  IMG_6002.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  36.0 KB

We don't have an optic mounted, as the plate is enroute, but we did get to shoot it some late this afternoon. My wife was delighted. Trigger was excellent and the gun cycled great. We were shooting PMC 124. There is some pre travel, but right now, we plan to leave it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The P226 X-Five STAS has one of the best single action triggers that I ever felt. I say that having A LOT of custom 1911 (but no CZs).

What you have is an all-steel, single action, American-made X-Five. This is technically a production gun with some obvious parts differences compared to the German Custom Shop guns. However, the tolerances approach what I have with my hand fitted German X-Five, and I can’t say that one gun is more accurate than the other since I’m the limiting factor.

The Legion has a steel slide with expansion chamber, alloy frame, tungsten grips (to make up for the lighter frame), straight trigger, and a couple of other parts differences. However, it too is production but still fit to very tight tolerances.

I suspect that we’ve reached a point of automation where companies like Sig can manufacture pistols to tolerances that are hard for a human to match. However, I’m not an engineer and some might take exception to that last statement.

Finally, I can equivocally say that you’ve won at life by marrying a woman who drops $2K on a gun that you can’t even identify. Most of us would land a transvestite if we tried that. Well played sir, well played.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The P226 X-Five STAS has one of the best single action triggers that I ever felt. I say that having A LOT of custom 1911 (but no CZs).

What you have is an all-steel, single action, American-made X-Five. This is technically a production gun with some obvious parts differences compared to the German Custom Shop guns. However, the tolerances approach what I have with my hand fitted German X-Five, and I can’t say that one gun is more accurate than the other since I’m the limiting factor.

The Legion has a steel slide with expansion chamber, alloy frame, tungsten grips (to make up for the lighter frame), straight trigger, and a couple of other parts differences. However, it too is production but still fit to very tight tolerances.

I suspect that we’ve reached a point of automation where companies like Sig can manufacture pistols to tolerances that are hard for a human to match. However, I’m not an engineer and some might take exception to that last statement.

Finally, I can equivocally say that you’ve won at life by marrying a woman who drops $2K on a gun that you can’t even identify. Most of us would land a transvestite if we tried that. Well played sir, well played.
    I sympathize with GJM . . . . I miss the old days when a typical gun buyer could be pretty certain of which model by what manufacturer he was looking at. (SW Model 19, Colt Government Model, etc.). Today, there are so many variations and versions of handguns on the market that one needs a computer program to identify what he is looking at. And the designations that they use! GJM's supplied example in his post is a good example. I used to place a label on the back of my Kydex holsters to specifically identify which gun it fit. Today, the label would be about the length of a CVS Pharmacy receipt if I still used that methodology!

Still P226 X-Five curious. The NRA Instructor price is appealing.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List