Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New P226 X Five?

Site Supporter
    Man as a younger poor I once lusted for a 226 X five.

But oddly, I kinda want a DA/SA

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    The several original X5s I own, and others I've handled, are some of the most shootable pistols I've ever come across, to include a potpourri of custom 1911s and the like.

That said their long time achilles heel has been their internal extractors, which incidentally have reached new levels of unobtainium. I have a small supply of extras for my guns, but I fear finding them is only going to get more difficult (and pricey).

So in that regard, I'm pretty excited about this new version, complete with the long external extractor (which is, in my experience, a more robust and more user serviceable design). I have hopes that perhaps replacement slides of the new design might become available. I'd like nothing more that to continue shooting the shit out of mine without fear of them getting sidelined due to lack of parts availability.

There were several references in the videos to these being more reasonably priced than the originals. I'm keenly interested in what exactly that means.

t
    Max M says he shoots the 226 X5 better than any other pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Isn't he Sig's sponsored shooter tho?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Isn't he Sig's sponsored shooter tho?

For sure. But he started as a 226 shooter and has been shooting 320s the last few years because the boss has told him to.

The several original X5s I own, and others I've handled, are some of the most shootable pistols I've ever come across, to include a potpourri of custom 1911s and the like.

t

I remember a long time back I shot one of the German custom shop X5 and it was simply awesome. I was newer to shooting pistols back then but it was the best shooting gun I shot at that time and really memorable. Excellent build quality and everything just seemed special.

When sig came out with the 320 x5s I kinda scoffed at them because of what the German x5 were. Glad to see them coming out again but I wish they would be built to the same level those German custom shop guns were built to.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That's probably why he kept shooting a 2011 in Open until 320s arrived.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Man as a younger poor I once lusted for a 226 X five.

But oddly, I kinda want a DA/SA

This is a pair of Allrounds that were my USPSA guns for a time. They make most of the other pistols in my safe feel like a bit of a chore to shoot, if I’m being honest.

Name:  EA321688-EBAE-4FFF-9AF5-B3DF78C9172C.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  58.1 KB

This is a pair of Allrounds that were my USPSA guns for a time. They make most of the other pistols in my safe feel like a bit of a chore to shoot, if I’m being honest.

Cut one of those bitches for a dot!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've got a dirty secret: As much as I love the Beretta 92, the Sig 226 (and the old P239) is among my favorite pistols.

I with the X5 AllRounds would've come with the short extractor, I probably would've shot that in USPSA if it did...

If it wasn't $2200, I'd be on this like a fat kid on cake.

I "grew up" in LE shooting and carrying a P226 - would LOVE to get one of these. Unfortunately, I think it's just outside my price range. Sure they'll sell a butt load of them, though.

User Tag List