Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Rhino

Site Supporter
    They are very popular in anime!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Too complicated way too many parts, break often

Also, worse grip angle break than a glock or steyr pistol

So one day may break down get a steyr pistol for when needing Sci Fi vibes...as those are actually good pistols and been on crazy sales..

Damn it...

Don't need another plastic striker 9

But Sci-Fi vibes....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    So one day may break down get a steyr pistol for when needing Sci Fi vibes...as those are actually good pistols and been on crazy sales..

Damn it...

But Sci-Fi vibes....
    Wasn’t the PX4 Storm the base gun for the Battlestar Galactica service pistol? Instead of a WML, it had a mini grenade launcher?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Wasn’t the PX4 Storm the base gun for the Battlestar Galactica service pistol? Instead of a WML, it had a mini grenade launcher?
    Mostly dressed up FN Five Sevens after season one. First season was dressed up S&W 686's. Which, if I remember right, the original series were dressed up S&W Model 19's. Not sure whether to be ashamed or proud of dual sci-fi / firearms nerdery...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    If you want something "different" and entertaining (in a good sense), going for one of the Schofield repros would be my thought.
    Got that covered

The points about the grip are valid. It feels comfortable “at the counter” but I’ve never seen one available for rent nor do I know anyone with one that I can try in live fire. I’ve moved along a couple of revolvers I’d enthusiastically purchased only to find they didn’t feel so great on the range and the options for replacements were lacking. Plus the inability to lower the hammer when cocked for single action is…disconcerting.

Fortunately this is only a mild itch so it’s going back down the list.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Some folks used that 4 Barrel COP 357 for concealed carry in BG.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some folks used that 4 Barrel COP 357 for concealed carry in BG.
    I remember seeing that. Anyway, the Beretta in the show was the carbine (CX4).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    The stainless steel limited edition Chiappa Rhino 30DS X is a terrific revolver, dense enough to use as an impact weapon after running out of ammo. I have no hands-on experience with alloy framed variants.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Anecdotally, it sounds like you may need to transition to impact weapon mode before running out of ammunition...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

"Heavy is good... heavy is reliable... If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List