Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

11/24/2023 0800 hrs - Ground Blind

35 yd shot

S&W Mod 629 (Federal 240 gr JHP)

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Took the three year old up for deer season, which is basically elk scouting in these parts. Nothing too dramatic, walked some roads and glassed. Saw two big bulls in the same area, they looked pretty casual so excited to revisit when the elk season starts.

The big six point presented a wonderful lay up shot, just shy of 215 as lasered.

Attachment 110710

I need to be better at getting my boys outside. The world moves so fast. I miss Fall up there when the Larches are changing.

Took a doe today. Last of the season for me.

125 yards. Black Hills 77gr TMK from a 12.5" AR.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Opening day 11/18

Name:  IMG_3176.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  74.4 KB

Birds 11/20 First outing with new to me 1969 Browning Superposed (on right)

Name:  IMG_3221.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  100.1 KB

Shot this big six point in the National Forest a couple weeks ago.
    Range 20 yards as he was checking out a scrape. I was sitting against a tree watching this junction of trails.
    This is my new Ruger Ranch Rifle in 556. Load was 64 grain Fusion soft point. POI was base of the neck as he quartered towards me.

I was pressed for time with skinning butchering etc so all I reall confirmed was the bullet tacked back and punched I nickel to quarter sized hole in his heart. He dropped in his tracks which I presume is from shock to the spinal column. Seen it a couple times.

Name:  IMG_8071.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  100.3 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Had a great season with the bow this year. 4 total, which is my most ever both deer and bow kills. The final one this past Sunday was extra cool in several aspects: last day to hunt the property as it is being surveyed and sold, bow was a Mathews Switchback XT I picked up off eBay in October as a "throwback" project, 10yd shot on a 6yr old mature whitetail. He doesn't have much tine length, but pretty good mass; especially for a Georgia mountain buck and is my biggest with a bow. He came in quartering to and stopped at 10yds and put his head down, which is why the entrance looks like a neck shot. In reality the arrow went in and took out the top of the heard and a lung. He died within 50yds.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List