Aim Fast Hit Fast with Todd Green Oct 27-28 in Chandler OK

AFHF Chandler OK 27-28 October 2012
    Dates: 27-28 October 2012
    Cost: $400
    Non-refundable deposit of $200 to register
    Range fee: $40
    Instructor: Todd Louis Green
    Class size: maximum 12

Class Description: Aim Fast, Hit Fast is intended to pick up where most marksmanship training ends. All shooting involves a balance between accuracy and speed. Away from the practice range, a shooter does not get to choose how much time he will get to break a shot … shooting becomes reactive and all timeframes are determined by the situation rather than comfort or habit. The goal of this class is twofold. First, we will come to understand the critical balance between accuracy and speed for each individual shooter. Second, we will improve each shooter’s ability to deliver accurate, rapid fire in shorter timeframes to maximize his effectiveness shooting a pistol under stress. Skills to be covered include marksmanship, presentation from the holster, reloads, multiple targets, and shooting on the move.

Prerequisites: This is a fast-paced class suited to shooters who have already achieved proficiency with a handgun. At a minimum, prospective students should be capable of performing the following drill(s) on demand:

• Fire and hit a 3×5 card at 5 yards on demand (both double and single action as appropriate)
    • Draw, fire 1 round, reload, fire 2 rounds (3 hits on 8″ circle) at 7 yards in eight seconds

Individuals who cannot meet these requirements at the beginning of class will not be able to keep up with the fast and demanding pace of instruction.

Equipment Needed:
    • Reliable semiauto handgun
    • Duty, range, or concealment holster with suitable gunbelt (SERPA and similar holsters not allowed)
    • Enough magazines, pouches, etc., to carry a minimum of 50 rounds to the firing line
    • Minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition (1,200+ recommended)
    • Wrap-around eye protection; ear protection; brimmed hat

Instructor: Todd Louis Green has worked in the firearms industry since 1998, including instructing for the NRA Range, Beretta, and SIG-Sauer. He has over 1,000 hours of firearms and combatives training from such prestigious trainers as Ken Hackathorn, Ernest Langdon, Larry Vickers, SIG Academy, and Blackwater. A 3-time “Advanced” rated shooter at Rogers Shooting School, Todd is also a graduate of the NRA Tactical Pistol Instructor Development program and a 3 division Master-ranked IDPA competitor. Todd is a certified SIGARMS, Beretta, and Glock armorer; certified Simunition force-on-force instructor; and certified Emergency First Responder. He is also a long time member of IALEFI, IDPA, and USPSA.

Please contact Spencer Keepers (spencerkeepers@yahoo.com) with any questions or to reserve your spot for this course.

If you take both ACW and AFHF you'll get a discount ($50) on the classes.
    "Gunfights are come as you are events, You do not get to chose"- Tom Givens.

Owner of Keepers Concealment, The Best AIWB holsters EVER (IMHO), for more info contact me at Keepersconcealment@gmail.com

Site Supporter
    Is anyone attending this event?

I'll be there for both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
    I'll be there for both.
    That would be cool, I'm concern there won't be enough interest. This is my first 2 courses with TLG, I jumped through some hoops to get that week off.

Maybe TLG or Prdator can give us a head count?

Class is definitely happening barring me being hospitalized or the range getting struck by a planet-killing asteroid.
    Donate to Rampage For The Cure!
    Todd Louis Green, pistol-training.com Train hard & stay safe!
    "Speed is the essence of war."
    Sun Tzu | Sometimes the fastest way to get fast is to go faster.

S.M.E.
    Figures.

2.5 hour drive from my vacation property, and I'm at Tahoe that weekend instead.

I am starting to hate my new job.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Class is definitely happening barring me being hospitalized or the range getting struck by a planet-killing asteroid.
    That's AWESOME!!! You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to it! Although as a noobie, I'm attending to learn...

Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I think that range owner may have the funds and capabilities to prevent the latter...

I'd be in both if schedule and funds allowed, and I say that having been through AFHF twice and ACW once. I've even been sandbagging for a "most improved" award by not practicing enough since last time
    --Josh
    "Scan and assess? No, I'm just looking around to see if anyone saw me yoink the last shot..."

There are still slots open for this class. It's the last AFHF until March of next year...
    Donate to Rampage For The Cure!
    Todd Louis Green, pistol-training.com Train hard & stay safe!
    "Speed is the essence of war."
    Sun Tzu | Sometimes the fastest way to get fast is to go faster.

Dang got excited when I saw Chandler but my bubble burst when I saw OK not AZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.* Thucydides 471BC

"Hey! Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad