Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    This thread convinced me to pick up a m&p 2.0 5”, in peanut butter of course. Unfortunately, Apex barrels seem to be sold out everywhere. I will just put my name on the notification list and wait like everybody else.
    Does anyone make a decent set of adjustable sites for this pistol? The LPA ones I see for S&W don’t have a great description for fitment, but I think they are for only third generation semi auto pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another question too, for you or anyone that would know...Is the peanut butter just cerakote? The website seems to say Armornite but I can't tell if it's just the boilerplate M&P description.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    Does anyone make a decent set of adjustable sites for this pistol? The LPA ones I see for S&W don’t have a great description for fitment, but I think they are for only third generation semi auto pistols.
    I have not found any adjustable sights and I looked. I finally settled on Dawson's fixed sights.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I have not found any adjustable sights and I looked. I finally settled on Dawson's fixed sights.
    A Google search showed 4 makers of adjustable sights for the M&P. My guess is that none is as serviceable as the fixed sight that you selected. I entered adjustable sights and S&W M&P. Bingo,

Site Supporter
    I'm an apologist for S&W semi-auto handguns. As a kid I burned up large amounts of corrosive WW2 surplus ammo through an early Model 39 that my dad bought used for $40. I didn't know these pistols had problems until I read it in a gun magazine. Before UPS and FED EX ammo was shipped by rail. The guy at the Express Office would call you to pick it up. Nobody cared that a skinny 14 year old showed up to claim the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    When I had my 2.0, I had a Williams adjustable on mine. Worked just fine.

https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...etition-070962
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Another question too, for you or anyone that would know...Is the peanut butter just cerakote? The website seems to say Armornite but I can't tell if it's just the boilerplate M&P description.
    I think it's just Cerakote. I have two of the FDE M&P pistols, and both of them showed wear spots very shortly after I started doing dry fire with presentation from a kydex holster. My black colored M&P pistols with significantly more use and holster presentations show almost no wear.

I'm about to have a 5" slide cut for an optic and then refinished, and i'll probably go with a nitride finish instead of keeping the Cerakote.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A Google search showed 4 makers of adjustable sights for the M&P. My guess is that none is as serviceable as the fixed sight that you selected. I entered adjustable sights and S&W M&P. Bingo,
    Willie - I'm pleased and surprised. I bought my 2.0 in April 2017 (I looked at my log) and at the time couldn't find any. I have it shooting where I want now, but will probably either get in line for fiber optic novaks or get the HiViz for my police surplus .40 and .45.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List