Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    At the risk of sounding ignorant, can anyone verify that a 365XL slide will work on a Macro lower, without modification to either?
    If you need a brand new xl complete slide give me a shout. Have an extra pair sitting here

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    At the risk of sounding ignorant, can anyone verify that a 365XL slide will work on a Macro lower, without modification to either?
    It does. I posted a picture earlier of mine with swapped slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    IMO the notch on the EPS Carry is completely useless as a BUIS.
    Especially with the rear sight behind the optic cut. It blocks the rear sight on the slide unless you go higher and leaves you with two not-deep-enough notches.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Worse than a 407K/507K?
    About the same.

I think Sig made an error on this one.

Suppressor height irons with irons rear is SOOOO 2015.

@SoCalDep

IMO best practice* for a small window optic in 2022 would be rear irons FORWARD of window. That way you can still use the dot even if the irons “block” seeing the target. It doesn’t block the dot. It’s like an occluded window trainer. Still very usable for tracking and indexing.

But rear irons rear… you just lose all the goodness that makes a red dot work. That kind of stuff is what evolved dot dropping wave techniques instead of straight index.

I very much prefer the 1st Gen P365XL slide configuration. This is a step backwards.

But hey, Sig being Sig maybe they’ll offer a “retro” upgrade for more money, hahah.

*If large irons required, I prefer vestigial irons with a quality optic, I can use shroud framing or slide indexing for most things if the electronics malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

@SoCalDep

IMO best practice* for a small window optic in 2022 would be rear irons FORWARD of window. That way you can still use the dot even if the irons “block” seeing the target. It doesn’t block the dot. It’s like an occluded window trainer. Still very usable for tracking and indexing.

But rear irons rear… you just lose all the goodness that makes a red dot work. That kind of stuff is what evolved dot dropping wave techniques instead of straight index.

I very much prefer the 1st Gen P365XL slide configuration. This is a step backwards.

But hey, Sig being Sig maybe they’ll offer a “retro” upgrade for more money, hahah.

*If large irons required, I prefer vestigial irons with a quality optic, I can use shroud framing or slide indexing for most things if the electronics malfunction.

Fully agree. I think I try to keep a few complete slides on the original xl for future builds

Site Supporter
    He'll I would swap my original slides for the new rear dovetail cut version.

I bought one of the new XL slides as soon as they came out to use it as a proper iron sighted pistol, and then decided to keep the original for a EPS Carry. I never liked the rear sight and optic plate on the original slide for iron use, but it’s just about perfect for a RDS. They should keep both in production IMO.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I prefer the new style P365 XL / Macro style optic slide cut. But I change out the iron sights to get the just right sight picture I prefer with the Holosun EPS carry 6 MOA dot, not to low in the window and not to high in the window. The new optic cut P365XL slides are currently back in stock on Sig’s website. Also, I believe there is a real good chance Radian Weapons will be coming out with their new comp for the P365XL at some point. And then there will probably be a Wilson Combat Macro sized grip frame with interchangeable back straps too. It never stops.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365xl-opti...bly-black.html

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

@SoCalDep

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Fully agree. I think I try to keep a few complete slides on the original xl for future builds
    I concur.

Plus, the extractor pin is under the optic with the new design. If it’s not driven down flush, your optic is canted and no amount of E6000 will fill the gap. Or maybe a lot would, but it’s sub optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I concur.

Plus, the extractor pin is under the optic with the new design. If it’s not driven down flush, your optic is canted and no amount of E6000 will fill the gap. Or maybe a lot would, but it’s sub optimal.
    Yuck. So you’d have to remove the optic to replace / deep clean the extractor.

That’s not good.

Also there’s enough room that you can recess that pin down a mm beneath the optic cut without interfering on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    IMO the notch on the EPS Carry is completely useless as a BUIS.
    I would concur with this. Just mounted 6 MOA carry on the XL I picked up earlier this week.

User Tag List