Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G 17 for AIWB?

Site Supporter
    6' 2''. 200lbs, 44L coat, 34 waist , 34 inseam. I carry a G35 90+% of the time in a Shaggy or a Keepers. Good belt + good holster=no problem.

YMMV

The 17 is a nutcracker for me in the appendix position.

Thanks for all the replies. I am 6', 218 lb, 38" waist but I wear 40" pants for the addition of the holster. Now where can I get a left hand Shaggy for a G17

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It works fine, that's what I carry. I use a CCC Shaggy holster.

With the right holster, I don't find the added grip length to be an issue.
    My experience as well.

I find a 17 to be more comfortable carrying AIWB than a 19, especially in a Raven VG2.
    Chemist.

I've carried a G19 AIWB for some months now, it friggin' disappears with the Shaggy, Keeper, JRC-AIWB and DarkStar AIWB holsters I've tried. All of these except the Shaggy are G17-sized holsters. I've just gotten a Gen4G17, won't EDC it until I get it to the range a few times with no stoppages, but carrying it in the house it seems to conceal just a tiny bit worse than the G19. With a shirt that makes the G19 borderline, the G17 has a permanent little bump. And with clothes where the 17 is borderline, the 19 is nowhere to be seen. The difference between those isn't much, though - in my experimenting at home it's the difference between a snug t shirt or a loose one.

Compared to the 3 o'clock carry I did for a few years, being able to wear just a t shirt at all is still slightly amazing to me.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I carry a SIG 226 every day in the appendix position. I believe this gun to be slightly larger than a G17. With the right holster a gun this size is no problem.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List