Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Constitutional Carry in Louisiana for Veterans

The key to the incremental strategy is that as each group has their gains, they stay in the fight and advocate for the others.
    Same for when we're faced with incremental losses. "First they came for..." and all that.

Let's all win.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Which of them jumped straight to constitutional carry?

As an LEO I didn't need a permit in my state. When I retire, I could get a free one.

Then everyone got access to a free one.

Now nobody needs one AND can get the free one for reciprocity, etc.
    They all went straight from Shall Issue CCW to Constitutional Carry without granting permitless carry to special interest groups first.
    Since Louisiana already has CCW by permit, proving the general public is responsible enough to carry, the next step following the model of the other 25 states is permitless carry for all, not yet further incrementalism allowing one special interest group to exercise their full rights.

Again, if this rapidly progresses to universal (within LA) permitless carry, then awesome, the strategy worked. I'm concerned we'll end up with haves and have-nots like we have in other regions where the haves get preferential treatment (and subsequently go on to lobby against the have-nots getting the same rights).

Chris

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    They all went straight from Shall Issue CCW to Constitutional Carry without granting permitless carry to special interest groups first.
    Well, I already laid out the increments between the two for my state so I don't think they *all* did so, but don't care enough to research 24 others. And at every step there was gnashing of teeth that it wasn't enough instead of recognition that it's moving the needle in the right direction.

Not directed at you, but more of an 'in general' observation: Gun forums are, on one hand, constantly claiming that gun rights only shrink and we're only losing. Then when rights expand, they light up with we aren't winning fast enough. Flipping take the win. Celebrate it and then push for the next bite.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    ...if this rapidly progresses to universal (within LA) permitless carry, then awesome, the strategy worked. I'm concerned we'll end up with haves and have-nots like we have in other regions where the haves get preferential treatment (and subsequently go on to lobby against the have-nots getting the same rights).

Chris
    I noted earlier in this thread that the legislature passed Constitutional Carry and the current Democratic Governor vetoed it. There's no apparent appetite for an us-vs.-them situation. We're in "half a loaf is better than none" mode until we get another governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    This is complete crap. All it does is promote that some of us are lessor because we are/were not part of the elite [government] class.
    It doesn't have to be that way.

https://www.goarmy.com/

https://www.navy.com/joining-the-navy

https://www.marines.com/become-a-mar...s-to-join.html

https://www.airforce.com/how-to-join

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I think you literally just proved his point.

. . .
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 07-04-2022 at 05:18 PM.

An all or nothing attitude normally means you get nothing.
    @Chuck Haggard

Fully concur.

"How did you go bankrkupt?" Bill asked.
    "Two ways," Mike said. "Gradually and then suddenly."

("The Sun Also Rises", Hemingway, 1926)

User Tag List