Page 21 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    The priority mission of the Border Patrol is preventing terrorists and terrorists weapons, including weapons of mass destruction, from entering the United States. Undaunted by scorching desert heat or freezing northern winters, they work tirelessly as vigilant protectors of our Nation's borders...

...its primary mission remains unchanged: to detect and prevent the illegal entry of individuals into the United States.

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/...rders/overview
    Let me be clear here, I don't give a shit if it was the Border Patrol, Mayberry PD or Delta Force that answered that call for help. Whomever they are, they didn't hesitate, they didn't look back when the time came to earn their fucking paycheck.

They couldn't save them all but were grateful for the ones they did save.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    You do realize that there are members of that organization posting in this thread, don't you? I would not be surprised if some of the info they are carefully imparting is first-hand. It's one of the really great things about this forum.
    So maybe think on that before you make all sorts of sweeping statements.
    You can't fix stupid.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The priority mission of the Border Patrol is preventing terrorists and terrorists weapons, including weapons of mass destruction, from entering the United States. Undaunted by scorching desert heat or freezing northern winters, they work tirelessly as vigilant protectors of our Nation's borders...

...its primary mission remains unchanged: to detect and prevent the illegal entry of individuals into the United States.

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/...rders/overview
    Are you really complaining about who solved the problem? You don’t like that while taking fire, they shot and killed the shooter? Are you fucking stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I didn't realize all that. About the full scope of their role.
    It's not their role or mission, it's just what they end up doing since they're often the only "first responder" for possibly hundreds of miles.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

there seems to be a lot of controversy involved as LEs now stating they did not make contact with the young man who entered through an unlocked door.

interesting there is quite a controversy the arriving LEs failed, flat out refused to and did not enter, for now noted, there was at least over an hour period with interaction after they called the border patrol.

several are now questioning why the school didn't initiate lockdown procedures as there was an alleged 10 min window from the initial 911 call stating the shooter was discharging his weapon in the street until he entered the facility via a back door.

nobody has mentioned the border patrol tactical team entering upon their arrival that they forgot the 'classroom key' to get in the door?

absolutely nobody has asked the question nor explained where did a highschool dropout got the $$$ to buy two (2) AR style firearms, seven (7) plus large capacity magazines, coupled with over 300+ rounds of ammo.

finally, it is coming out the young man has a history of abusing animals, had anger management issues, and from fotos show the young man might also have suffered from a serious eating disorder, yet there is absolutely nothing mentioned about the caregivers, his grandparents, nor the school initiated mental health protocols to provide relief to the young man as these symptoms do not happen overnight!

tis a shame the border patrol took it upon themselves to serve as judge/jury/executioner...wonder if they are afforded QI protections as a Federales?
    Outside of Twitter, this is the dumbest fuckin take on the situation that I've read yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Are you really complaining about who solved the problem? You don’t like that while taking fire, they shot and killed the shooter? Are you fucking stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I suppose if he was dying of thirst after getting lost hiking in the desert he'd wave off the BORSTAR helicopter because SAR of US citizens isn't their core mission...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There is a lot of hyperbole and bad reporting in the MSM. Below is a timeline posted by Author Chris Hernandez which seems to be the best I've seen so far:
    8-Shooter climbs school fence into parking lot and opens fire on school from outside.
    9-Shooter enters school through unlocked rear door.
    10-Uvalde PD and ISD PD officers arrive and make entry to school within four minutes of shooter’s entry.
    11-Officers encounter shooter in a hallway and exchange gunfire. Two officers may have been hit and wounded. Officers retreat to cover but stay inside school.
    12-Shooter enters classroom through unlocked door and locks door behind him, effectively barricading himself inside.
    (12A-Uvalde officers advance on classroom but have no entry tools and are unable to breach door. Shooter reportedly fires on them and forces them to retreat again. Uvalde officers call for assistance.)
    13-Within the next few minutes, the majority of victims are killed.

I am neither a teacher, nor a police officer, nor a security expert. Question to those forum members who drive in those lanes. -- Why wasn't the classroom door locked before the shooter barricaded himself in? Looking at the timeline HCM posted, school officials know about the shooter before he enters the building. Gunfire is exchanged in a hallway and the shooter is able to gain entry to a classroom where he barricades himself in. Shooter then kills the victims. Are school classrooms not capable of being locked? If the classroom door is capable of being locked, why wasn't it locked to keep the shooter out?
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

tis a shame the border patrol took it upon themselves to serve as judge/jury/executioner...wonder if they are afforded QI protections as a Federales?
    Fuck off and die in a ditch somewhere, twatwaffle.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

fyi...
    400 rounds of 5.56 is 300$

daniel defense ddm4 v7s start at 1.8K$ each...

almost 5K$ spent by the drop out shooter.

Site Supporter
    which is why the national news this evening showed the video from the local LE community departments had active shooter exercise earlier this year, quote:

School officials in Uvalde, Texas, promised to do everything they could to protect students from a mass shooting.

Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District had doubled its security budget in recent years, according to public documents, in part to comply with state legislation passed in the wake of a 2018 school shooting in which eight students and two teachers were killed. The district adopted an array of security measures that included its own police force, threat assessment teams at each school, a threat reporting system, social media monitoring software, fences around schools and a requirement that teachers lock their classroom doors, according to the security plan posted on the district’s website.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plan-rcna30568
    I’m quoting you because I feel like it. I’m not Law Enforcment. I have no idea of the time line of when things actually happens. I do not have that because not even a full 72hrs after the event fingers are already getting pointed. I have however felt with mass media and realize that they make their money off of selling things and stirring the pot.
    I’ll bet you a dollar to a dime everything being reported right now is emotion fueled looking at what you want the facts to be. There might be wrong done. There might be a lot of things. A small town is going to struggle with a situation like that. And once he barricaded himself it became a different ballgame.

A shit sandwich was handed to the world.
    Last edited by camel; 05-26-2022 at 07:36 PM.

User Tag List