Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Setting up a SCAR 16

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Other lefties notice this?
    I put close to 10K through my 16's, never bothered me at all. I could see it being different for everyone though depending on stock extension, stance (squared up vs. bladed), and other factors affecting head position.

Might be worth breaking the edges with a file or sandpaper. I do the mildest of undercuts to my Glocks, not even noticeable from a side profile view but smoothing the edge of the trigger guard makes all the difference in the world to my knuckle. Perhaps a small change could lead to a noticeable improvement here too.

I finally got around to getting a Geissele trigger installed into my 16. Wow, big difference.

I shot a regular AR with an A2 birdcage and good trigger, followed by the 16. I generally enjoy the ergos of an AR more than the SCAR, but the 16 shot much faster for me. Not sure if it is the muzzle brake on the 16 or something about the piston system. Anyone else had that experience?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For me it was a shift. On the clock I was faster with AR's. But then I made a change to my stance and how I shouldered the SCAR and it was transformative. I was suddenly noticeably quicker with the SCAR. I suspect it has something to do with the new stance/hold mitigating the effects of the reciprocating mass which I felt I fought more muzzle movement from than recoil itself.

User Tag List