Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Thumb Safety S&W Shield 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AwnoldG45 View Post
    Wanted to give a huge shout out to UNK and Bill for the wonderful job with the extended thumb safety! Had a close friend who’s a gun smith and instructor help with the install. My Better Half loves the tactile feel of seamlessly disengaging the safety. Before she had lots of trouble disengaging it. Ive attached an image in hoping y’all can see it. Tried doing multiple images but not quite sure how to. Cheers everyone and thanks again to the gents that made it happen!
    Thank you!
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Red face

Love the ingenuity and design of this safety upgrade!! I am interested in one of these and sent you an email.

Extended Thumb Safety S&W Shield 2.0

Love the ingenuity and design of this safety upgrade. I am interested in one of these for myself and sent you an email

Got mine installed today:

Name:  Sh2.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  55.8 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by AwnoldG45 View Post
    Wanted to give a huge shout out to UNK and Bill for the wonderful job with the extended thumb safety! Had a close friend who’s a gun smith and instructor help with the install. My Better Half loves the tactile feel of seamlessly disengaging the safety. Before she had lots of trouble disengaging it. Ive attached an image in hoping y’all can see it. Tried doing multiple images but not quite sure how to. Cheers everyone and thanks again to the gents that made it happen!
    Great pics. My pics on page 9 of this thread turned out sideways for some reason. Anyway, as you reported, the extended thumb safety is much better and easier to manipulate. This is what S&W should’ve used. I really like mine a lot. Also, I’ve never installed a thumb safety before, but this one was relatively easy. I found a few videos on youtube that show how to remove and reinstall them that were helpful. Highly recommend for those wanting an easier way to manipulate the thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Got mine installed today:
    How are you liking the improved-safety Shield Plus as (presumably) a compact alternative to your 1911? I keep tossing around the idea of one of these or a thumb safety 365 XL as something in between a steel commander and an LCR. Not any time soon but someday. If I don’t get a mid size revolver for that role instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    How are you liking the improved-safety Shield Plus as (presumably) a compact alternative to your 1911? I keep tossing around the idea of one of these or a thumb safety 365 XL as something in between a steel commander and an LCR. Not any time soon but someday. If I don’t get a mid size revolver for that role instead.
    It's even better now as a deep cover/ pocket '1911', especially with the Apex stuff inside.

However, I don't 'like' it for motorcycle riding- the precocked striker makes me worried a bit supposing I get in an accident- so I carry my snub K in the motorcycle jacket pocket.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's even better now as a deep cover/ pocket '1911', especially with the Apex stuff inside.

However, I don't 'like' it for motorcycle riding- the precocked striker makes me worried a bit supposing I get in an accident- so I carry my snub K in the motorcycle jacket pocket.
    Good to hear. With this safety out there the Shield may be my primary choice. Falling between the standard and XL size 365s and not being a Sig are probably both advantages in my book. Smaller and lighter enough to replace the 1911 when I can’t or won’t conceal that much gun but still a major improvement over the LCR for, say, taking on air travel trips where it’ll be my only gun.

Thanks again to the developers for coming up with this thing and making the Shield an option for those of us who don’t love single action guns without (good) safeties.

Extended Thumb Safety

Got mine installed and the craftsmanship, quality, and ergonomics are awesome!
    Takes the Shield Plus to another level.

I’d post a pic, but I’m not allowed to yet on the forum.

This guys shooting resume is pretty impressive. Reminds me of the LSP Troopers who used to post here.

“With 38 years in law enforcement, 24 years as a firearms instructor, 17 years of PPC competition (15 years on Michigan Governor's Twenty and more than 100 local, State and National awards), a passion for task-related training and a reputation for telling it like I see it, Rider's Range will bring you honest reviews.”

Last edited by UNK; 06-20-2023 at 07:22 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List