Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Thumb Safety S&W Shield 2.0

I just bought a 365xl off the forum. I need a thumb safety grip module. Anybody have one they dont need?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I just bought a 365xl off the forum. I need a thumb safety grip module. Anybody have one they dont need?
    FOUND

Holsters Available

@Tony Mayer at JMCK is now offering holsters molded for the extended Shield safety.

I believe @orionz06 @Dark Star Gear will be offering holsters soon.

If you have a holster maker you would like to make a holster for your Shield with extended thumb safety have them contact me at shieldthumbsafety@gmail.com and Ill assist them.
    Last edited by UNK; 05-19-2023 at 09:55 PM.

Review

Just a data point- I ordered a extended thumb safety for my shield plus in April and finally got a chance to shoot it last weekend. The install was relatively easy and the safety looks like it is oem equipment. The thumb safety is neither too big or too small and is shaped perfectly. I put about 100 rounds through the shield and there were no issues. The new safety really improves the gun and allows me to run the shield like a mini-1911 (my first love). The only downside is I had to take a heat gun to my JM Wing Claw 2.0 carry holster to make safety fit. All in all, a most excellent mod for my summer carry gun.
    Thanks,
    Tom E.
    And of course, my shooting buddy now wants one for his shield. E-mail sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat03 View Post
    Just a data point- I ordered a extended thumb safety for my shield plus in April and finally got a chance to shoot it last weekend. The install was relatively easy and the safety looks like it is oem equipment. The thumb safety is neither too big or too small and is shaped perfectly. I put about 100 rounds through the shield and there were no issues. The new safety really improves the gun and allows me to run the shield like a mini-1911 (my first love). The only downside is I had to take a heat gun to my JM Wing Claw 2.0 carry holster to make safety fit. All in all, a most excellent mod for my summer carry gun.
    Thanks,
    Tom E.
    And of course, my shooting buddy now wants one for his shield. E-mail sent.
    Thanks for the kind words! Reply sent. Once we get the 365 safety done we will go live with a website and tons of products plus both safeties and I will be able to mark off my bucket list becoming a business site supporter at PF. Thanks for the opportunity @LittleLebowski

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Super awesome that @UNK put this much needed project together. I've been looking at S&W pistols lately. I just wish there was a safety option for the 4" Shield.
    Ive got a customer working with a gunsmith on installing a safety for a pro series with the red dot cut for which a safety is not available through S&W.
    Details to follow if successful.

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    Any plans for a lefty or ambi version?
    We are going to look at that after the 365 safety

Site Supporter
    Admittedly I haven't read the whole thread. For the 365 safety, are you using the stock safety and adding an extention to the levers, or building a while new part?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Super awesome that @UNK put this much needed project together. I've been looking at S&W pistols lately. I just wish there was a safety option for the 4" Shield.
    Can you slide swap a 4” performance center version slide onto a standard safety frame, or is there some kind of cross compatibility issue?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Admittedly I haven't read the whole thread. For the 365 safety, are you using the stock safety and adding an extention to the levers, or building a while new part?
    Whole new part

User Tag List