Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I'd carry it on duty if I was an officer.
    If you were....which you're not.

I'm a LEO, and I wouldn't.

Sure I could get by with one, but it's 2023...there's no reason to consider it. It's objectively inferior to current offerings in almost every way.

The majority of guns that I own, I own because I like something about them. 1911s, Beretta 92s, a slew of revolvers, even a SIG P232SL. I still wouldn't consider them as a duty weapon in 2023.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Cool as it is, it's a rather expensive beast for an issue gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    When I first started, there was a guy carrying a Hi-Power in a Safariland 070. That wasn’t something you saw too often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    When I first started, there was a guy carrying a Hi-Power in a Safariland 070. That wasn’t something you saw too often.
    Tagging into your overseas LE carry thread...it's still the most common sidearm for police Inspectors in India...

...because they inherited the tooling from the British (I think), and executing child rapists under the frame of escaping custody doesn't really take a whole lot to accomplish.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'm guessing the pre-release rumor of 92/M9 magazines being compatible was a pre-release rumor?

If FN had played this right, this could have been competition for the Staccato market.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If FN had played this right, this could have been competition for the Staccato market.
    No reason it couldn't be tweaked and then marketed as such.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Tagging into your overseas LE carry thread...it's still the most common sidearm for police Inspectors in India...

...because they inherited the tooling from the British (I think), and executing child rapists under the frame of escaping custody doesn't really take a whole lot to accomplish.
    The BHP is the standard sidearm of the Indian Army. Likely due to British influence but AFAIK while they used BHPs, the British never actually made any BHPs. I wonder if the Indians simply made unauthorized copies the way they did with the inch pattern FAL.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No reason it couldn't be tweaked and then marketed as such.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    You can tweak and market a turd but that doesn’t make it competitive.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    1. No light rail
    2. Not optic ready

It’s 2023, not 1993. There’s really no excuse for manufacturers to ignore those two things.
    I understand that some folks have a point of view that biases them to think that every handgun should primarily be designed to be first and foremost relevant to the needs of the Everytown PD SWAT team, but in fact only a tiny minority of the handguns sold in this country wind up in a Safariland SLS wearing an RMR and a U-boat.

Some, for instance, might be intended for competition, like IDPA's Enhanced Service Pistol division, say, or maybe just for fun.

Maybe if they sell enough, they'll bring out a version with a rail and a dot cut, but considering how completely assblasted the Fudds are about how the gun already differs from grandpa's GP35, I'm not super hopeful. If they came out with a railed MRDS-ready version, all the geezers would hate it because it was REALLY different from the classic Hi-Power, and the Primary & Secondary nutriders would hate it because it isn't a Glock or a Stack-A-Toe and FN hasn't signed up a bunch of tacticool influencers to call it The Next Great Fighting Pistol.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List