Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

More than 35,000 flawless rounds through one Gen 4 Glock and several thousand flawless rounds through several other Gen 4 Glocks.
    I have installed the upgraded ejectors in several dozen Gen 4 Glocks and none have reported any issues since.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Are the Gen4 Glocks still coming with a heavier trigger pull, than the Gen3?
    IMO the "dot" connector that is standard in Gen 4's is very close to Gen 3's with the 5.5 std connector. OTOH, I "think" they feel a little differently in a qualitative sense.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    More than 35,000 flawless rounds through one Gen 4 Glock and several thousand flawless rounds through several other Gen 4 Glocks.
    I have installed the upgraded ejectors in several dozen Gen 4 Glocks and none have reported any issues since.
    I have a sample of one G26 Gen4 that still ejects brass to the 6 o'clock after a 30274 ejector install, they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I have a sample of one G26 Gen4 that still ejects brass to the 6 o'clock after a 30274 ejector install, they're out there.
    Is there good support from Glock in such situations?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Site Supporter
    I have a Glock 17 Gen 4, that's just passed the 1,000 round mark, I've owned it probably 4-5 months. I've honest to God, had one malfunction/stoppage, and I wouldn't even consider it, but, I'm also an honest man, so I'll let you make up your mind. It was a girl (let's face it, women are physically less strong, so she holds the gun less firm), who had never fired a gun before (handling it improperly, she was tea cupping it), who has an aversion to loud noises and impulses (muzzle blast) (You know, the "sttttttttttttttttttttop, you're so loud. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah."), with no magazine in the gun, we were shooting at a small low probability hit target, and taking turns seeing who could hit it first (which leads to my second issue, again full disclosure, but, I really again, wouldn't put this on the gun), and the shell extracted, and fell down into the empty magazine well and was captured in time by the slide coming forward grabbing the top of the shell. (ETA: I think between limp wristing, tea cupping, and no magazine in the gun... the gun had a stoppage.)

Other then that, the gun smith loctited nothing when installing my sights, so my front sight started wiggling loose and my rear sight drifted slightly when the set screw came loose as well, from recoil probably, let's face it, vibrations and screws don't go together. That's why the military stakes and pins just about everything on a gun, screws are tolerated only when they *have* to be.

ETA: It was cleaned once at about the 450 round mark, and maybe again around 700-ish.

ETA 2: Not so sure about that 2nd cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Are the Gen4 Glocks still coming with a heavier trigger pull, than the Gen3?

With the angle of the trigger housing change, yes. My measured pull of my Gen 4 G19 with a .25 cent polish job is just under 6 pounds with the dot connector.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Is there good support from Glock in such situations?
    Well, that depends.

I bought the "Spawn of Satan Jr." (G26 Gen4) used from member UP1911Fan1 who did not disclose the gun's issues with FTEs nor ejection.

It's and older Gen4 and out of warranty, so while I'm certain Glock will support their gun, it is not cheap to ship it back to Smyrna nor pay for any repairs. I am fairly confident the extractor is losing control of the casing sometime during the extraction cycle causing the inconsistent ejection, so I am going to wait for Apex's extractor since it's supposed to be available in Sept. to see if that fixes the issues I'm having with it before sending it in.

My experience with Glock in returning my G17 Gen4 for warranty repair when I had extraction issues with it was a good one. I had to "ask nicely" for a shipping label (they normally make the buyer pay for inbound shipping), but they provided it, fixed the gun and had it back to me in two weeks working 100%.

Site Supporter
    may 2012 gen 4 g19. I have 500 rounds. no brass to the face. I put 450 through it right from the box with no issues. I have a may 2011 gen 3 g19 that gives me BTF every 150-200 rounds.

I'm decidedly in the gen 4 is better than gen 3 camp. Well worth the slight increase in price if for no other reason you get a spare mag. the grip texture is a vast improvement.

The Gen 4 G17 (FDE) I've been wringing out lately has superbly consistent ejection patterns for 710 rds and is suggesting it's insanely accurate. But I need more data to know for sure. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7803618...in/photostream
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The Gen 4 G17 (FDE) I've been wringing out lately has superbly consistent ejection patterns for 710 rds and is suggesting it's insanely accurate. But I need more data to know for sure. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7803618...in/photostream

My G19 Gen 4 did a group like that 1 hole with HST, unfortunately it was only 3 rounds to test the POI.

User Tag List