Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Mine has 47,500 flawless rounds fired and all my other Gen 4 Glocks have been flawless as well.
    1. How do you keep track of the round count?
    2. Are you saying it has never once in all those rounds failed to go through its entire cycle of operation, or are you saying you've determined that all failures were "not the gun's fault?"

Site Supporter
    I have been shooting my Gen 4 Glock 17 more than any other pistol this summer. It now has around 1500 trouble free rounds since it went to Glock for the Gen 4 "fix." This is one of the first Gen 4 guns and it has a P***** serial number.

There is an Apex extractor sitting in my tool kit just waiting to be installed, but since the gun is functioning fine I really do not want to mess with it.

The ammo used for my last practice sessions has been S&B 124 and Winchester 147.

It is too early to know if I am out of the woods yet, but I am almost ready to start carrying this pistol again.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    1. How do you keep track of the round count?
    2. Are you saying it has never once in all those rounds failed to go through its entire cycle of operation, or are you saying you've determined that all failures were "not the gun's fault?"

I count every empty box run through it and it has never had any issues whatsoever.
    I have several Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks that have never had a malfunction of any type but I do believe in preventative maintenance and run factory ammunition.
    Yesterday I shot a Shield, PPQ M2, G26, G19, G17 and G34 so the Gen 4 G17 now has 47.600 flawless rounds fired. I will let you know when I have the first failure.
    My next run will have a dozen new magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I have been shooting my Gen 4 Glock 17 more than any other pistol this summer. It now has around 1500 trouble free rounds since it went to Glock for the Gen 4 "fix." This is one of the first Gen 4 guns and it has a P***** serial number.

There is an Apex extractor sitting in my tool kit just waiting to be installed, but since the gun is functioning fine I really do not want to mess with it.

The ammo used for my last practice sessions has been S&B 124 and Winchester 147.

It is too early to know if I am out of the woods yet, but I am almost ready to start carrying this pistol again.
    I would be more than happy with 1500rds fired without any issues
    And you tested your SD ammo as well. min 100rds

Reason I say this is because I mostly use ball ammo to test out my new pistol

But yeah I would carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Yes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Gen 4 G19 "V" serial number, shipped with the new beaver tail back strap

Test Fire: April 2013

500 rnds test over 2 range sessions, so a small sample but:

1. Strong consistent ejection to 4'oclock with 124g Gold Dot.
    2. With 115g PMC and 115g AE weak erratic ejection. Nearly every other round peppered me in the head.

So, they are still not quite there yet. I'm going to order the Apex extractor and see if any change.

Eric
    Gen 4 G19 QUESTION

Could it be the G19 prefers the heavier 124gr loads

I also find some of the 115gr Ball loads are on the weak side.

Maybe the hotter +P 124 gr loads would do better as well

I think the Internet has blown the issues way out of proportion. I work for a major firearms retailer and I haven't seen a single gen4 gun come back for issues; as a rough estimate too I'd say we sell more gen4 19's than just about any other handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I think the Internet has blown the issues way out of proportion. I work for a major firearms retailer and I haven't seen a single gen4 gun come back for issues; as a rough estimate too I'd say we sell more gen4 19's than just about any other handgun.
    I operated under the same assumption when I purchased the 19. I have many thousands of rnds in older Gen 3 guns. I also have a gen 4 17 with 2317 rnds and no malfunctions. Maybe I just have bad luck, but the fact remains that I have one of the latest examples of a GEN 4 19 and it smacks me with brass. Whatever the Internet may over hype, you buy a 19 at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Gen 4 G19 QUESTION

Could it be the G19 prefers the heavier 124gr loads

I also find some of the 115gr Ball loads are on the weak side.

Maybe the hotter +P 124 gr loads would do better as well
    I have found that my 9mm Glocks prefer 124gr ammo over 115, regarding positive brass ejection.
    Do they work with 115gr ammo? Yes, but BTF and brass to head are much more common. At times, with 115gr, I have seen brass barelyyyyyyy dribble out of the ejection port.
    A previous Gen4 G26 that i owned got better after a couple thousand rounds (regarding positive ejection with 115gr), and when I looked at the extractor, it seemed like it had been worn-in on the top and bottom...?
    "One mind, any weapon."

http://www.glockstore.com/gen-4-spec...y-adapter-ring

Has anyone used one of these with a previous generation recoil spring in their Gen4 and noticed any difference with ejection characteristics?

User Tag List