Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

GEN 4 G17 (05/11), 6k with no issues
    GEN 4 G19 (07-12), 700rds with no issues so far
    GEN 4 G34 (on its way...)

Hey Shenaniguns, what's your current round count?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Interesting. Are you getting a new Gen 4?

I am at almost 4k rounds with my 2009 Gen 4 17RTF, absolutely no ejection related issues. Some FTRTB but I finally diagnosed that as a bum RSA, replacement with a new OEM part brought it up to 100% function. Maybe 2009 is the cutoff? Hard to say...
    Yes, I am going to roll the dice again. A 2009 RTF is a Gen3. Gen4's were not produced until Feb of 2010 (Somewhere around that date).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Does Glock pay for shipping round trip for your pistol, when it needs to be fixed?
    Sometimes yes. I think it depends on the situation, for me they did.

The customer service from Glock for me has been excellent.
    Last edited by steve; 11-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Any more reports of late 2012 manufactured Glocks?

My July 2012 manufactured G17 Gen 4 digested 400 rounds of Winchester M882 type ammo (Q4318) yesterday without issue. Ejection appeared to be clean and none of the casings schwacked me in the face/head.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 12-15-2012 at 07:26 AM.

At this point, I prefer my Gen 4 Glock 9mm pistols to my proven pre -2009 models. The main reason is the Gen 4 pistols are noticeably more accurate, and so much so, I can't detect a practical difference between their accuracy and a P30 when shooting groups at 25, and steel at 40-60 yards. Besides accuracy, I prefer the texture, mag release, slightly smaller size, and even trigger characteristics of the Gen 4 models, which seem to have more roll. The trigger may be a famialarity thing. I do believe, with the Gen 4 RSA, they don't digest very low PF ammo as readily as a broken in old Gen 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At this point, I prefer my Gen 4 Glock 9mm pistols to my proven pre -2009 models. The main reason is the Gen 4 pistols are noticeably more accurate, and so much so, I can't detect a practical difference between their accuracy and a P30 when shooting groups at 25, and steel at 40-60 yards. Besides accuracy, I prefer the texture, mag release, slightly smaller size, and even trigger characteristics of the Gen 4 models, which seem to have more roll. The trigger may be a famialarity thing. I do believe, with the Gen 4 RSA, they don't digest very low PF ammo as readily as a broken in old Gen 3.

I do not own a P30 and I agree with everything non P30 related stated above by GJM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Any more reports of late 2012 manufactured Glocks?
    Have several under my purview, all GTG.

Mine... gen4 G19 UBK###, born 11/2012. 1150 rounds between 12/10/12 and this morning. Ammo has been various duty and training loads. This was in actual shooting and skills work through various COFs and drills, not ejection-watching.

1 case struck my head while shooting in a compressed position early on.
    1 case struck my vest while moving and shooting in a compressed position.
    1 case was in my field of view as I transitioned to a target on the right.

The latter two were during 5 runs on the old FAMS TPC today.

Buy one and shoot it.

Thank you.

My G4 G17 has never had problems of any type.....

User Tag List