Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Last year, when the annual Kalifornia gun control bill was to ban interstate sales of ammo, I was in two local gun stores where the owners were telling people that it was a good thing. In both these stores, the ammo prices were about 2x what you would pay via internet.

Needless to say, I no longer support these businesses. It does however show you that many of these guys are more into it for the $$$ than for the rights.

Makes me want to drive to Houston and buy something from every store except his, tape the receipts to a dodge ball and bean him in the head with it.
    And not that this will go anywhere but if it did, 900 round cases FTW.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    He says he doesn't sell to "perps" or to people who look "gang-related", so as long as you're... you know... ot-nay ack-blay, you're probably cool with Bubba, there.
    I absolutely *hate* defending this asshole, but I thought we tended to look down on these kinds of assumptions... especially given the number of times I've heard people say that gun shop owners can tell when someone making a gun purchase is shady or really a straw purchase and that they often exercise discretion in these cases.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I absolutely *hate* defending this asshole, but I thought we tended to look down on these kinds of assumptions
    I must admit I initially made the same assumption as Tam (hence my post), but after listening again I'm willing to give the store-owner the benefit of the doubt on this one point. The audio isn't very clear, since it's radio call-in, but I think he actually said "turds" rather than "perps"? And I think he didn't say people who look gang related, but rather tattoos that are gang related.

It might still be code, but I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one point.

That said, the other 99% of what he said is still ridiculous. He also said that he called the ATF on a customer who wanted to purchase a bunch of AKs, a couple thousand rounds, and some body armor. He seems to imply that the very act of asking for these items together was enough to warrant a call to the feds, given that he doesn't articulate any other details about the situation.

His arguments lack any logic. One second he's saying we can't give in to any legislation and nothing will make them happy, the next he says that we should concede this ammo restriction to make them happy. After a limit for online sales, ammo makers will be so desperate to get rid of their product that they'll suddenly call him and offer magical discounts? Ha!

He's done a bit of backpedaling on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalfirearms

"Was I not clear that I am against the online ammo ban?"

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    No, dude, you weren't. As a matter of fact, you were pretty clearly in favor of it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    He's done a bit of backpedaling on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalfirearms

Where's the back pedal? Talking about both sides of his A$$.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I absolutely *hate* defending this asshole, but I thought we tended to look down on these kinds of assumptions... especially given the number of times I've heard people say that gun shop owners can tell when someone making a gun purchase is shady or really a straw purchase and that they often exercise discretion in these cases.
    I will readily admit that a lifetime in the retail end of this business has made me hyper-sensitive to "dog whistles".

I remember one day standing there in the first gun store in which I ever worked, back in Forsyth Co., Georgia, seeing a news report on the TeeWee about an Atlanta PD officer who wrecked his car in a high-speed pursuit, and hearing my boss, an otherwise intelligent, sensitive, worldly man who was like a father to me, mutter "That's what they get for letting ******* drive cop cars."

I stood there like a gaffed fish for thirty seconds, wondering if I'd really heard what I'd heard.

And that pales in significance compared to what I've heard from Bubba Table-Renter at gun shows in the intervening decades.

So, yeah, I'm primed to expect the worst from Joe FFL. And I say that as someone who's had to exercise her judgment in refusing gun & ammunition sales to people I deemed to be "bad actors".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I will readily admit that a lifetime in the retail end of this business has made me hyper-sensitive to "dog whistles".

I remember one day standing there in the first gun store in which I ever worked, back in Forsyth Co., Georgia, seeing a news report on the TeeWee about an Atlanta PD officer who wrecked his car in a high-speed pursuit, and hearing my boss, an otherwise intelligent, sensitive, worldly man who was like a father to me, mutter "That's what they get for letting ******* drive cop cars."

I stood there like a gaffed fish for thirty seconds, wondering if I'd really heard what I'd heard.

And that pales in significance compared to what I've heard from Bubba Table-Renter at gun shows in the intervening decades.

So, yeah, I'm primed to expect the worst from Joe FFL. And I say that as someone who's had to exercise her judgment in refusing gun & ammunition sales to people I deemed to be "bad actors".
    I would be completely unsurprised if you were right, just think people need to get the benefit of the doubt on this stuff, or the guys who do learn any better don't really get anything for it.

Ok, enough of that... he seriously called the feds on a guy just for buying body armor and an AK? Why do you sell the crap if you think that buying it is an automatic proof of being a criminal?

The store owner emailed me back and said that he was going on the same show tomorrow morning (3 Aug) on 740AM. He wants to clarify his position due to the massive amount of emails and phone calls he has received.

User Tag List