Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RFI: Used 3-series BMW (or similar)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The AWD Charger/Hemi is a fun combination, I cried a little when I had to turn my in.

The Challenger is the best looking retro-muscle car currently in production, but doesn't real feel fast to me until you get into the SCAT pack.

The SS was available with a LS3/6-speed. They are basically the Camaro sedan, but with kinda meh styling IMO.
    I honestly adore the Challenger styling. Given my history, I'd probably be perfectly happy with the power of the v6, but would probably go for the 5.7l for the sound and the 6MT. I've heard the 6.2 is the way to go, as you say, and there really doesn't seem to be any downside to it. Either the 5.7 or the 6.2 would be a ludicrous increase in torque and power compared to anything I've ever driven barring a few laps in a Italian supercars, which isn't really comparable for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I guess I'm the outlier that doesn't want it.

I purposely bought a base model for my recent purchase, and my last purchase before that.

I don't like the trend of cars having their gauges and buttons replaced with touchscreen tablets, either. One of the reasons I like my current car so much is that it still has buttons for everything.

What about my phone, you ask? A Moto G, which replaced my last Moto G. Literally the cheapest thing I could find.
    We can hang out.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm still involved in a class action lawsuit against GM associated with their faulty ignition switches.
    My 07 had a heated windshield washer that set some vehicles on fire. They recalled mine and said it was fixed. Then they recalled it again and removed it. The last recall came with a $300 check from GM for the loss of my heated windshield washer. I had a lot of problems with electrical things. Typical GM engineering.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I absolutely loved my Mazda3, 5-speed. I wish the sedan version was offered as a Speed.
    Bought new, I had that car for >10 years.... longest I've ever owned a car.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's kind of the "headline" for the warranty. The actual warranty document will define the exact terms and what components are covered. Warranties are either inclusive (covers the following things: ....) or exclusive (covers all the things except these: ...) It's certainly not unusual for different components to have different warranty lengths. Body panel corrosion resistance vs power train vs emissions, etc.

GM made nearly $3 billion last quarter...

And diesel heavy duty trucks aren't really indicative of the broader market. Maintenance/repairs is going to be higher, period. My F-250 7.3 was significantly more expensive to maintain then anything I've owned.
    True, but GM stock has only been a buy for about a year. Fiat Chrysler stock did well in 2018 and 1019. FMC stock has been good for at least 5 years. If I were going to own any of them it would be FMC, not GM.

Of course that has nothing to do with what we like to drive but GM reliability isn't their strong suit. Most everyone I know that has to depend on their diesel trucks buy Ford or Dodge.

But yeah, diesel is a different animal.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I guess I'm the outlier that doesn't want it.

I purposely bought a base model for my recent purchase, and my last purchase before that.

I don't like the trend of cars having their gauges and buttons replaced with touchscreen tablets, either. One of the reasons I like my current car so much is that it still has buttons for everything.

What about my phone, you ask? A Moto G, which replaced my last Moto G. Literally the cheapest thing I could find.
    We bought a base model ‘08 Town & Country new in December of ‘08 when the local Chrysler dealer had a “retirement” sale for a third off of list price.
    It didn’t even have cruise control. That is the only thing I miss.
    Electric doors and tailgates break.
    177K and still going strong mechanically though the seats are wearing out. My wife has sewn up split seams with Fireline.
    I have been trying to get her into a newer vehicle but she will hear nothing of it.

We bought our teenage son a new 2010 Mazda 3 during the “cars for clunkers” program in the summer of ‘09.
    That was a fun little car to drive even though it didn’t have a stick.
    He still drives it.

My irrational vehicle desire is an E class Mercedes.
    After reading comments here and many other places about the issues with European luxury vehicles, I am not likely to go down that road.
    I guess the question might be:
    What is not completely boring to drive, above average in comfort, reliable, and has reasonable repair and service costs?
    Last edited by deputyG23; 08-06-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    A sporty Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    We can hang out.
    Count me in that number. Auto manufacturers seem to be on a mission to prove that not all changes are improvements. They're not alone, but they're one of the most adamant about proving the point.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

User Tag List