Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    sorry about ur penis
    I also regret my tramp stamp

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Everyday I think I am a Matt Shatt

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I also regret my tramp stamp

Man, that's like some serious Greek mythology punishment there. He attracts and marries the most beautiful women in the world, but doesn't have the equipment to do anything with them.

On another note, don't watch SNL like I used to. However they do bring out some great nuggets of Comedy here and there. These being some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I also first heard of this a few years ago. I dont recall exactly where, I didnt find a bookmark (just occurred to me to check my fire tablet...). Whatever the previous source, I was somewhat convinced it was fairly common in the past. Ive also fallen into the pattern in recent years, mostly waking from pain, but I can sometimes go back to sleep after a while.
    Off-topic, but I heard about it about a decade ago. I had just moved into a new house, didn't have internet (and so little reason to stay up late, so I would go to bed shortly after sunset), and the bedroom I was sleeping in had a sliding glass door that basically took up one entire wall (and no curtains for that sliding glass door) and not long after moving in, I would fall asleep, wake up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason (about four hours later), and then I would fall asleep again (for another four hours) before waking up at sunrise.

Now, I've never been someone to rise with the sun. The older I get, the less I'm able to sleep in, but it was the case at the time that I could have slept in until 10, 11, or even noon.

Was it ghosts? Mice? Someone trying to break into my house? Who knew?

So I started digging and eventually, I found a number of stories about biphasic sleep patterns involving studies where subjects basically had no artificial light after sunset and soon began falling asleep around sunset and waking up around sunrise with one period in the middle of the night where they woke up after being asleep for about four hours and then fell back asleep for about four hours. Some of these stories did cite medieval scholars who had noted that people were sleeping in such a pattern - and that apparently the mid-night waking period is great for sex (who knew?).

Anyway, I soon got curtains for the sliding glass door - and an internet connection - and the biphasic sleeping vanished soon after. I'm not sure that I'd say that I've missed it - especially not in winter when the sun sets while I'm still at work. But it was nice waking up at sunrise without needing an alarm.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

First time I heard this song was in the late-80s, somewhere around 3-4 in the morning. I always slept with a radio on low volume and usually tuned to the local metal station (Z Rock for those of you that remember the Satellite Music Network). I woke up part way through the song and it absolutely creeped me out. When my Uncle passed 1993, I was going through his albums and found his copy of Bloodrock 2. I don't think I've ever listened to the whole album and I'm pretty sure I've only listened to DOA 3 times. The first time when it woke me up on the radio, once from the album and once on Spotify. I listen to some doomy, creepy stuff but DOA is apparently over my personal limit.

Elliot the Trainwreck and Carla the Crazy learn something they should have already known.

User Tag List